Educational Designer, Academic Services
Faculty of Engineering
- Opportunity to work in close collaboration with academic and teaching staff to develop innovative online multimedia resources.
- Located within walking distance to the heart of Sydney’s CBD, Faculty of Engineering, Darlinghurst Campus.
- Full time, 12-month Fixed Term opportunity. Base salary $93,986 p.a - $102,393 p.a, Level 7, plus a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
The Educational Designer will create, develop, test and implement innovative educational resources aligned to the needs of the work area. Drives innovations in the provision of eLearning sites and student learning experiences by providing practical solutions and delivering tools and resources. Works in close collaboration with academic and teaching staff to develop innovative online multimedia resources. Plays a leading role in adopting innovations in E-Learning, identifying and implementing new technologies, and developing education designs to improve learning outcomes that enhance the student learning experience; in particular, testing and implementing mind-mapping tools, learning object authoring tools, and wiki/journaling tools that integrate into the Canvas learning environment.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Educational Designer with the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in education and/or information technology with technical knowledge acquired through work experience; and/or equivalent combination of relevant experience and training.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work.
- Excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement and ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- Experience delivering education programmes, preferably in a tertiary education environment.
- Experience working in a tertiary environment with working knowledge of using Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard, together with sound understanding of timetabling/rostering of student activities.
- Strong knowledge of University policies and procedures and administrative processes within a tertiary environment.
The Faculty of Engineering consists of an Academic Services Directorate comprising of Education support and Research support. The Faculty has six Schools (Civil Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Electrical and Information Engineering, Computer Sciences and Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering) undertaking world standard research and offering bachelors programs and coursework and research postgraduate degrees.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2089/1019F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Wednesday 23 October 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.