- Opportunity to join a close knit team who support the University of Sydney Nano Institute
- Located at Camperdown/ Darlington Campus
- 3 years fixed term, base salary of $74K plus superannuation
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity to join the University in a newly created role within the University of Sydney Nano Institute.
The Project Administrator will be responsible for day to day tasks associated with the provision of project management and project administration to deliver one or more projects within the work unit. This includes managing and delivering Institute events, coordinating administrative projects such as setting up and maintaining databases, sourcing information, corresponding with project stakeholders and producing a variety of reports. The position occupant will use their analytical and communication skills to support the implementation of the Sydney Nano programs, communications strategies and events.
The role requires experience in event delivery and flexible availability to manage peak demand periods. This role requires experience in data management skills and experience across University communications systems and Office 365.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Project Administrator who demonstrates:
- interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work
- demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work, sometimes under pressure, with competing priorities and at times limited supervision
- working knowledge of various communications and data platforms such as Office 365, SharePoint, IRMA, Swift, Outfit etc.
- effectively managing a diverse group of key stakeholders on projects and the ability to develop/cultivate productive relationships with key users
- excellent administrative skills, coupled with a general understanding of project documentation, project standards and methodologies
- experience in managing and delivering events to meet strategic goals
- previous experience in the higher education/tertiary sector or at a complex, multi-faceted organization
- previous experience in an executive assistant, personal assistant or team assistant role.
Based at our purpose-built Sydney Nanoscience Hub, our institute was founded to bring together expertise across our University and beyond to focus on extending and deepening our knowledge of the nanoscale. And through our education programs we are inspiring the next generation of scientists and engineers.
Together, we are tackling some of the most challenging problems that humanity faces: inventing new technologies for renewable energy; designing new medicines; nanorobots for surgery; and taking inspiration from nature to develop completely new materials engineered at the nanoscale.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2066/0919F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Wednesday 23 October 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.