Operations Centre Analyst
- Full Time
Application closing date 23/10/2019
Faculty / School or Service IT Services
Salary £26,723 to £35,856 per annum
Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances.
Job category/type Professional Services
Coventry University's transformation into one of the world's leading educational establishments is being matched by an ambitious IT Transformation. This Transformation will deliver technology with a global reach that supports the growing needs of students, staff and stakeholders. Process automation, distance learning, developments in digital and student care will see new ITcapabilities support the contemporary needs of our staff and students. To deliver this transformation the University needs people with real passion, the ability to think innovatively and with an energy that will create change at pace and push boundaries to create better futures.
Our approach to education is leading edge and is proven with our multitude of awards and prominent position in the league tables; where we have once again retained the title of top modern university from The Guardian in its 'University Guide 2019' (for the 7th year in a row!). We are an agile and dynamic establishment, where taking risks and seizing opportunities are well rewarded.
As an Operations Analyst day to day you will cover BAU tasks but there will also be opportunities to focus on project work and personal development areas. This is a really exciting time to be joining Coventry University as plans are already in place for our new security operations centre.
- Responsible for the day to day operations, security and efficient running of our systems services.
- Administer, support and manage products and services deployed on behalf of the University Group.
- Maintain configuration data, capacity planning, service availability and continuity.
- Provide an expert level of support for systems actively assisting first-line colleagues in the resolution of incidents and problems.
- Perform regular, pro-active systems monitoring, handle backup and restore operations and administer user accounts
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline with a chartered professional qualification or substantial experience in related field in lieu of the above.
- Experience of building and operating IT infrastructure.
- Proven analytical, planning and execution skills.
- Experience with Systems (authentication, email etc.) and Security Applications (SIEM, VMS, penetration testing etc.) operational management
As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances. As a member of staff you can see the benefits from a huge range of products and services, including supermarket shopping, restaurants and visitor attractions. We also offer childcare vouchers, discounted rates on healthcare plans and advice on healthy living.