Assessment Officer, Overseas
5 days left
- Full Time
Location: London Liverpool Street
Closing date: 28/10/2019
Employment type: Fixed Term
Full time, fixed term maternity cover contract
As an Assessment Officer (Overseas Assessments) you will be a key member of the (Student Queries and Overseas Exams) team and will be responsible for providing a first-class service to students in respect of Overseas Assessments operations.
Where necessary you will be expected to assist other Assessment teams within the Registry department during peak times which may include all regular administrative duties (answering phones, organising mail outs, dealing with general Assessment Office enquiries), running Exams to ensure the success of assessment operations at BPP University.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Arranging venues for overseas assessments
- Maintaining and developing a network/contact details with overseas assessment venues
- Responding to student queries in relation to these overseas assessments
- Uploading & Sending scripts to programme teams post overseas assessments
- Liaise with programme teams regarding overseas assessments
- Setting up deadlines for overseas assessment applications
- Processing application forms for overseas assessments
Additional responsibilities applicable to the post holder
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade of the position
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in compliance with the rules and regulations encompassing equal opportunities
- Adhere, comply and work in accordance with University and Departmental policies, procedures and codes of conduct and GDPR.
- Participate in training and professional development associated with the role
Essential Criteria for Role
- Experience of working in a professional academic support team, in a higher education academic support service or other relevant administrative setting.
- Ability to use MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with ability to communicate with students and staff in a helpful and professional manner
- Ability to set own goals in addition to achieving given targets and deadlines
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to prioritise a diverse and demanding workload working to often competing deadlines in a calm manner
- Ability to interpret and apply academic regulations and policies and apply them to your day-to-day work
- Evidence of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain a professional manner and calm approach in a busy office environment and in delivery of assessment services for students
- Confident individual with a strong team working ethic with a can do attitude