Classification: Senior Manager 1
Salary package: $113,421 - $118,839 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms of Employment: Full time, Fixed term (24 months) up to 2 positions available
- Opportunity to work in a close knit team of conscientious and professional individuals
- Project, compliance and policy oriented work
- Opportunity to work on matters important to the University and Higher Education Sector
The Australian National University is seeking skilled and experienced project managers with a passion for project, compliance, policy and relationship management to work within the Academic Standards and Quality Office (ASQO).
The Academic Standards and Quality Office (ASQO) provides advice, direction and compliance implementation for, among other things, the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (HESA), the Education Services for Overseas Students Act (ESOS) and ANU Policy, Procedures and Rules.
ASQO is part of the The Division of Student Administration (DSAA). DSAA contributes to the University's strategic objective to provide an excellent educational experience for its students through delivery of accessible and supportive administrative functions throughout the student lifecycle. The Division's student related support services include the management of: enrolment and progression; fee invoicing and cashiering; scholarships; examinations; prizes; graduations; timetabling; general enquiries; student card; transcripts; student communications and quality advice on ANU student related policy and rules as well as compliance with national and international regulations.
There are two positions available, reporting to and under the general direction of the Assistant Registrar of the Academic Standards and Quality Office (ASQO):
- One position will be responsible for the management of a key relationship between the ANU and a third-party provider, overseeing and reporting on progress of contractual obligations. The incumbent will liaise with and be responsible for developing strong collaborative relationships between contractual parties as well as work with other diverse areas within the University and external organisations and government departments.
- The other position holder will be responsible for developing and executing special projects, for the most part related to policy development and or compliance reporting and will also work with a diverse group of stakeholders including but not limited to University Executive, academic and professional staff and the Registrar of the Division of Student Administration and Academic Services, and external organisations and government departments.
Both Project Managers will be working within the Division of Student Administration and Academic Services in ASQO, which has a broad remit of responsibilities critical to the day-to-day functions of the University. ASQO is a tight knit team with dedicated, professional staff who are approachable, inclusive and supportive. We have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a commitment to excellence.
The successful applicants will be experienced project managers preferably within the higher education sector, or will have previously worked in other large, complex environments, and be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
For further information please contact Jo Higgins, Assistant Registrar, Academic Standards and Quality Office, T: +61 2 6125 8194 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23 October 2019
Position description: Project Manager.pdf
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities.
For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement no longer than four A4 pages, addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.