QEERI Quality Control and Assurance Manager
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), was founded in 2010 to continue fulfilling QF’s vision of unlocking human potential. HBKU is an emerging research university that acts as a catalyst for positive change in Qatar and the region while having a global impact.
Qatar Environment and Energy Research Institute (QEERI) at HBKU has a national mandate to address Qatar’s ongoing and impending challenges pertaining to water, the environment, and energy. The institute operates four centers focusing on energy, water, environment and sustainability, and computational materials and chemistry.
To ensure consistent quality of QEERI’s research services by developing and enforcing good practice systems, validating processes, providing documentation, establishing and enforcing quality standards, and testing materials and products. Assist in providing the expected quality of research services and manage its assets in accordance with the quality metrics set by the institute and by QF/RDI policies.
Key Result Areas:
- Develop, implement and maintain a Quality Management System (QMS) across the organization.
- Support the development of QEERI QMS policies, procedures and plans.
- Coordinate key quality control & assurance projects and activities, process quality, finished services/products, and quality systems consistent with the ISO standards or other international quality standards set by the QEERI internal management and internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain applicable international quality standards, policy, procedures, and instructions, providing alignment with institute quality assurance policies and criteria set by external customers.
- Develop and implement new and innovative quality procedures and processes that will advance the position of QEERI as leading national institute conducting research, technology development, and innovation and offering research services to internal and external customers.
- Manage the three-dimensional aspects of product/service quality, continuous improvement, and plan to bring about externally and internally driven changes necessary in materials, methods, documentation and quality.
- Prepare a plan and conduct regular internal audits and risk assessments exercise to enforce QMS requirement.
- Initiate and organize QMS training for all QEERI staff.
- Establish and implement metrics to monitor all internal and external audits findings as a preventative/corrective measure and for continuous improvement.
- Prepare monthly QMS performance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends related to QMS and to QEERI production. Report on QMS performance to supervisor.
- Prepare a plan and implement QMS communication (e.g. newsletter, presentations).
- Develop and implement a Lab Accreditation plan for all test applicable to local or International regulatory or compliance requirements including PTP (Proficiency Testing Plan) with International laboratories.
- Other applicable tasks necessary to sustain the QMS as assigned by the Directors.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- QEERI Executive Director (ED) and ED office - regular working relationship.
- Quality Management Director - day to day interactions, to facilitate a smooth coordination of activities with QM Director, amongst Centers and laboratories.
- Senior Research Directors of QEERI Research Centers/ Research Program Directors/Management Team - day to day interactions, to facilitate a smooth coordination of activities with ED office, amongst centers and laboratories, QEERI staff at all organizational levels.
- External consultants, customers & contractors - contact as relevant to activity.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Evaluates, compares and relates information from across the business.
- Identifies broader implications of proposed solutions across the organization.
- Uses own experience and evidence from theory, other industries and technologies to identify problems and understand situations.
- Reviews existing policy to enable effective problem solving and judgment by the team.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
- Exhibits sound judgment to anticipate potential implications of all decisions; balances benefits and risks and identifies areas of uncertainty.
- Evaluates information by penetrating questions, thus ensuring complete information is available to make an informed decision.
- Arrives at well-researched decisions that balance quality service and cost.
- Encourages and supports appropriate risk taking by subordinates when making decisions.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Master degree from accredited university in Science/Engineering
- Accredited certificates in Quality Management Systems and a certified Lead Internal Auditor
- 8-10 years of experience in QMS related role or position
- Proven track record leading the QMS in a research or production environment (e.g. University or Industry setting)
- Hands on experience and understanding of current international QMS clauses and standards.
- Basic knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management system and practices in an R&D environment
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a diverse multi-cultural environment
How to Apply:
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Interviews will be held at the end of August 2019.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets, and medical insurance.
HBKU is an equal opportunity educator and employer. We are committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.