QEERI Asset Management Manager
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), was founded in 2010 to continue fulfilling QF’s vision of unlocking human potential. HBKU is an emerging research university that acts as a catalyst for positive change in Qatar and the region while having a global impact.
Qatar Environment and Energy Research Institute (QEERI) at HBKU has a national mandate to address Qatar’s ongoing and impending challenges pertaining to water, the environment, and energy. The institute operates four centers focusing on energy, water, environment and sustainability, and computational materials and chemistry.
To manage QEERI assets by developing and enforcing good practice systems in equipment and laboratory installation and commissioning processes, policies and procedures and provide the expected quality of research services and manage its assets in accordance with the relevant performance metrics set by the institute and by QF/RDI policies.
Key Result Areas:
- Oversee QEERI laboratory and equipment repairs and maintenance in coordination with supervisor Play a key role in equipment and tool identification, purchase/procurement, installation and commissioning.
- Assist in strategic planning to ensure QEERI assets continue to operate in an efficient, safe, and reliable manner and that the institute's long-term facility needs are met.
- Assist QEERI Management to enforce lab safety programs to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assist supervisor in the laboratory space and facility management and usage/allocation planning.
- Supervise and maintain inventory of laboratory furniture, tools and equipment.
- Coordinate and manage service requests related to equipment servicing, repairs and maintenance.
- Support supervisor as liaison to QF Facility Management Team, Quality Management Team as well as HSE Team to address any needs related to QEERI assets.
- Support day-to-day activities within QEERI research laboratory, including coordinating equipment service requests, making sure adequate research supplies are available for routine experimental procedures.
- Generate written and oral regular reports to QEERI management related to laboratory asset activities.
- Anticipate and pro-actively work in asset decommissioning needs in case of redundancy, noncompliance or obsolescence. In this framework proactively contribute to maintain the leading-edge quality of QEERI assets.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- QEERI Executive Director (ED) and ED Office - regular working relationship.
- Supervisor - day to day interactions, to facilitate a smooth coordination of activities amongst Centers and laboratories.
- Senior Research Directors of QEERI Research Centers / Research Program Directors / Management Team — day to day interactions, to facilitate a smooth coordination of activities with ED Office, amongst Centers and laboratories.
- QEERI staff at all organizational levels - contact as needed to provide support QF Directorates and entities - regular contact as relevant to activity.
- External consultants & contractors - contact as relevant to activity.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Evaluates, compares and relates information from across the business.
- Identifies broader implications of proposed solutions across the organization.
- Uses own experience and evidence from theory, other industries and technologies to identify problems and understand situations.
- Reviews existing policy to enable effective problem solving and judgment by the team.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
- Exhibits sound judgment to anticipate potential implications of all decisions; balances benefits and risks and identifies areas of uncertainty.
- Evaluates information by penetrating questions, thus ensuring complete information is available to make an informed decision.
- Arrives at well-researched decisions that balance quality service and cost.
- Encourages and supports appropriate risk taking by subordinates when making decisions.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Science/Engineering with orientation in business management, facilities management, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of relevant full-time work experience with at least 3-year experience in a management position with progressively responsible laboratory, facility, asset management experience in R&D.
- Proven track record leading asset management system in a research environment.
- Knowledge of risk management practices and of R&D practices.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets, and medical insurance.
HBKU is an equal opportunity educator and employer. We are committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.