Registration and Study Abroad Program Coordinator
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), was founded in 2010 to continue fulfilling QF’s vision of unlocking human potential. HBKU is a homegrown research and graduate studies University that acts as a catalyst for positive transformation in Qatar and the region while having a global impact.
The Registration and Study Abroad Program Coordinator is responsible for the development and management of external clients and study abroad partnerships, as well as the recruitment and registration of Language Center (LC) students.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintain course calendars and coordinate with stakeholders to assign program resources
- Manage the student registration process
- Maintain student’s records and attend to administrative inquiries required by the LC
- Update the registration procedures manual and administrative practices to facilitate the process and improve the customer services
- Establish and maintain the LC student’s record management systems, including student transcripts, certificates and degrees awarded
- Process, record and track LC student financial transactions (payments, refunds, etc.)
- Submit and file invoices; process service agreements, payment collections, contractual documents and prepare financial reports for management
- Develop, plan and implement quality assurance activities
- Provide student data in support of the institutional accreditation and quality assurance process
- Carry out market research in order to identify specific needs for language education services in Qatar and abroad, and provide management with recommendations to develop appropriate course offerings
- Research, plan, develop, advertise, pilot, manage and document new study abroad opportunities
- Plan and participate in outreach activities with the goal of increasing student enrollment
- Develop and manage external partnerships with other academic and non-academic organizations to promote LC programs and services
- Develop, plan and implement student retention activities, and evaluate and act on student yield and attrition in order to grow the student body
- Provide support in preparing project budgets and gather and document resources requirements
- Manage existing study abroad programs and partnerships
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by management
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
- Work is performed in a standard office environment
- Must comply with QF’s health, safety and environment policy as well as legal regulations applicable to areas of responsibility
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Supervisor- frequent contact on progress and to receive approval of actions.
- LC teaching staff- frequent contact for collaboration and processing administrative work
- HBKU, QF and study abroad partners- frequent contact for building relationships and collaboration
- LC students- frequent contact for programs updates, registration and respond to inquiries
- Contractors- frequent contact to give directions and coordinate the study abroad and local programs
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Evaluates different options when solving problems
- Applies evidence-based approach to problem solving
- Considers the medium-term as well as immediate short-term impact of outcomes and actions
- Demonstrates an awareness of the impact of preferred solution on other projects/related problems
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
- Accepts responsibility/accountability for own decisions and explains the rationale
- Reviews available information in conjunction with interested parties and arrives at decisions by consensus judging degree of consultation needed to ensure commitment
- Remains calm and resourceful when making difficult decisions, basing them on facts
- Ensures decisions are taken by self and group after reviewing available information whilst exhibiting reasonable foresight
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- 6-8 years of higher education administrative work experience, preferably in a Registration function
- Excellent time and program management skills
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal and customer relationship management skills
- Excellent writing skills. Ability to draft/edit a variety of written reports and communications and articulate ideas clearly and concisely. Proficiency in additional languages is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and continues until the position is filled. We will contact the short listed for conducting the interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets, and medical insurance.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.