Manager, Transnational Education
- INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- $115,306 - $120,658 pa (HEW 9)
- FIXED-TERM, 12 MONTHS, FULL-TIME
The Manager, Transnational Education supports the University’s current and prospective transnational educational partnerships in line with the University’s strategic priorities. The role is tasked with ensuring that a high level of due diligence and risk assessment is undertaken with prospective partnerships and new program development, to ensure a detailed feasibility is completed. The position, also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to support a cycle of continuous improvement, including quality assurance compliance and operational oversight of the University’s transnational education partnerships to contractually required standards at all transnational teaching locations.
A key focus of this role focus of this role is developing and managing ECU’s current and prospective transnational education offerings in a sustainable way, including but not limited to:
- Supporting the Dean, International Relations in the development and management of key offshore strategic projects of the University;
- Growing income from ECU’s TNE activities;
- Leading the development of new partner relations, and working with relevant key stakeholders both internal and external in all aspects of partner negotiation for transnational program delivery, including initial due diligence, contract development, process improvement and risk assessment activities;
- Leveraging existing transnational relationships in order to develop greater breadth of engagement across the Universities Schools;
- Promoting the development of greater program connectivity between transnational education transnational sites and the main campus of the University; and
- Oversight and management, including detailed reporting on transnational education partnerships;
Key skills and experience required to be successful in this role, include:
- Postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience and extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- high level communication skills,
- Demonstrated understanding of transnational educational partnerships, with experience managing internal and external relationships to achieve desired outcomes within a complex organisation or environment, preferably one that is student-oriented;
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and project management within strict time constraints;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to maintain a high level of efficiency and accuracy in a busy and varied role.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
*Please note, some international travel will be required as part of this role.
Benefits & Remuneration
This position attracts a remuneration of $115,000 to $120,000 plus 9.5% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Anita Jolly (Manager, Transnational Education) by phone on (08) 6304 5839 for more information.
Tuesday 22nd October at 11:30 pm AWST.
How to Apply:
Please forward a concise cover letter (1-2 pages) describing your suitability for this position, directly addressing the ‘Skills and Experience’ criteria above, and attach a copy of your current CV to your online application.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.