Student Career Development Coordinator, Student Affairs Deanship
The Student Affairs Deanship is seeking an incumbent for the position of Student Career Development Coordinator to develop and promote employment opportunities for ZU student and graduate job seekers. Link job seekers with opportunities advertised through ZU Career Services and through external employment channels. Follow up on student hiring process with employers and maintain accurate Graduate employment destination records. Develop and maintain strong relationships with employers and job seekers.
- Build and develop positive relationships with employers to promote and market ZU students and graduates for employment and work experience opportunities.
- Facilitate opportunities for education business partnerships between colleges and industry.
- Collaborate with other Career Services staff, Alumni and faculty to arrange employer related events to promote student awareness of opportunities and career paths in the labor market.
- Provide employer brokerage support to Colleges to assist with internship contacts, placement of graduates and increasing range of employer contacts within Colleges.
- Educate employers on the range of ZU graduates available for employment and provide information on college majors.
- Assist in producing informational and promotional materials aimed at employers to market ZU Career services for employers, programs and ZU students and graduates.
- Assist employers in developing and reviewing job standards to identify jobs that could be occupied by ZU graduates.
- Maintain database of employer contacts, recruitment agencies and national employment support agencies.
- Support ZU employer related events by targeting employers interested in providing corporate sponsorship.
- Plan and coordinate Career related exhibitions and events including annual Career Fair, Targeted recruitment events and networking forums for final year students and job seeking graduates.
- Develop on line services for employers and job seeking graduates through Career Services website.
- Responsible for collating and uploading graduate and final year student CV’s to employer portal on portal.
- Maintain a communication strategy to keep final year students and graduates informed of vacancies and career portal.
- Accountable for destination follow up process and recording of all graduating students for 12 months after graduation.
- Produce regular reports on employment status of graduating students to management and as requested by Colleges.
- Provide employment related advice and guidance to students through 1:1 consultations and group sessions including; job search techniques, networking, CV review and interview preparation in coordination with Career counselors.
- Monitor job advertisements in the career portal.
- Collaborate with Alumni Office to promote vacancies, opportunities and events for ZU Alumni.
- Attend and participate in professional workshops and meetings targeted at job training, graduate recruitment, job placement and labor market information.
- Provide regular activity reports to line manager and contribute to career service annual report.
- Should possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited University and minimum of 4 years professional experience in a similar role within a University setting or within Human Resources, Recruitment Consultancy role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in an academic environment in a supporting, advisory role to students and graduates.
- Experience of organizing events
- Experience of building and developing relationships with employers in governmental and private sector.
- Experience of using social media tools to communicate to target audience
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries in the U.A.E., cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.