Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Paramedicine
- Join a growing team and cohort of experienced professionals
- Help develop highly sought after graduates in community-based Paramedicine
- Contribute to the research profile of the school
- Continuing, Full Time (Part time arrangements considered)
- AU$94,478 to AU$133,238 pa (plus 17% superannuation)
- Multiple positions available
- Bathurst and Port Macquarie
Focus on the delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate programs whilst contributing to the strategic research direction of the School of Biomedical Sciences.
Apply CSU learning and teaching methodologies, processes, technologies and tools to deliver high quality student centred learning in the Bachelor of Paramedicine, Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedics) (until late 2019), Graduate Diploma of Clinical Practice (Paramedic), Postgraduate Certificate in Paramedicine (with specialisations), Graduate Diploma in Paramedicine (with specialisations) and the Master of Paramedicine (with specialisations).
Appointees may also be required to supervise Research Higher Degree students and take on an active body of research relevant to the discipline area.
To be successful you will have:
- A doctoral or masters qualification appropriate to paramedicine at the level being applied for, or equivalent accreditation and standing
- Eligibility for registration with the Paramedicine Board of Australia
- A record of research/creative works or professional activity relevant to the discipline
- Evidence of the delivery of high quality student centred learning and teaching
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the paramedicine discipline gained through industry experience and/or scholarly activities or similar
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Faculty of Science delivers flexible, innovative teaching programs which provide graduates with the skills and knowledge to build a career, advance their profession and contribute to their community. We currently have more than 9000 students and over 500 staff dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge.
We are a leader in strategic and applied research in a wide array of sciences. We enhance and extend knowledge, train and educate future researchers and provide scientific solutions to current challenges. We achieve this through ethical practice, professional collaborations, industry involvement and a commitment to continual improvement.
We also provide a range of health and other services to our regional communities through our enterprise activities.
The School of Biomedical Sciences is located across CSUs Wagga Wagga, Bathurst, Dubbo, Orange and Port Macquarie campuses and is committed to enhancing its reputation as a high performing multidisciplinary unit by having academics focused on providing quality education and being actively involved in a variety of medical, biotechnology and research based programs that complement these courses.
CSU offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants who hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Additional information is available in the position description;
- Position Description - Lecturer in Paramedicine
- Position Description - Senior Lecturer in Paramedicine
or by contacting:
Professor Rod Hill | Head, School of Biomedical Sciences | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: 02 6933 2018
Closing Date: 11 pm, 03 November 2019