Job Opportunity at National University of Singapore for
Research Project on “You Are What You Surf: Characterizing Preference and Decision-making Styles with Digital Footprints”
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable full-time Research Assistant to assist the Principal Investigator, Assistant Professor Rongjun Yu, in the above research project which is funded by the Social Science Research Thematic grant (SSRTG). The Research Assistant will work on social media big data related projects and is expected to program psychology games on the APP platform.
Write-up about the project In this project, we will study how analysing big data in Singapore retrieved from social- media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) users can be used to predict and generate meaningful inferences about both individual and society-level decision-making styles. We will assess the participant’s decision making styles by having them complete a battery of online behavioural-economic games designed to measure various aspects of decision- making. The goal is to use big data to predict citizen characteristics such as decision- making style.
Qualifications: The candidate should possess the following:
- An Honours or Master Degree in Psychology, Computer Science or related field from a recognized university;
- Candidates with publications in related field are encouraged to apply;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
Invitation to apply: Interested applicants are invited to send the following list of documents to Centre for Family and Population Research via email: email@example.com to Ms Sascha Ng with the subject title as “Research Assistant application for project on “You Are What You Surf: Characterizing Preference and Decision-making Styles with Digital Footprints” – PI: Dr Rongjun YU.”
- Cover letter and Resume (outlining your interest, qualifications, expected salary and publications if any)
- Personal particulars form
- NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades
- Recommendation letters from 3 referees
We regret that only successful candidates will be notified via email.