Job Opportunity at National University of Singapore for
Research Project on “You Are What You Surf: Characterizing Preference and Decision-making Styles with Digital Footprints”
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable full-time Postdoctoral Fellow to assist the Principal Investigator, Assistant Professor Rongjun Yu, in the above research project which is funded by the Social Science Research Thematic grant (SSRTG). Primary responsibilities for the Postdoctoral Fellow involve data analyses and manuscript preparation for studies using neuroeconomics paradigms to investigate decision making in a big data sample.
Write-up about the project In this project, we will study how analysing big data in Singapore retrieved from social- media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) users can be used to predict and generate meaningful inferences about both individual and society-level decision-making styles. We will assess the participant’s decision making styles by having them complete a battery of online behavioural-economic games designed to measure various aspects of decision- making. The goal is to use big data to predict citizen characteristics such as decision- making style.
Qualifications: The candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A PhD in decision neuroscience, psychology, psychiatry, or related field
- Prior experience with computational modelling is preferred
- The successful candidate also should have strong writing skills and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong organizational skill and interpersonal skill
The start date is flexible. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The salary is highly competitive for strong candidates.
Invitation to apply: Interested applicants are invited to send the following list of documents to Centre for Family and Population Research via email: firstname.lastname@example.org to Ms Sascha Ng with the subject title: "Postdoctoral Fellow for project on “You Are What You Surf: Characterizing Preference and Decision-making Styles with Digital Footprints" – PI: Dr Rongjun YU.”
- Cover letter and Resume (outlining your interest, qualifications, expected salary and publications if any)
- Research statement (max of 3 pages)
- Personal particulars form
- NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades
- 4 official letters of recommendation
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified (via email).