Lecturer, Bachelor of Arts Screen Production/Master of Arts Screen Program
Expressions of Interest: Lecturers - all disciplines
AFTRS is Australia's Screen and Broadcast School, established to fuel and empower Australian creativity and storytelling. AFTRS is consistently rated as one of the top film schools in the world.
We are looking for skilled industry professionals with some experience in coaching, mentoring or teaching young people to join the Awards Team.
You will be responsible for delivering regular subject tutorials and lectures to students enrolled in either the Bachelor of Arts Screen Production or the Master of Arts Screen Award Program. Following a clear curriculum with clear learning outcomes, you will provide a safe and secure learning environment for our students, adapting your style to meet the learning needs of your group.
If you have expertise in one of the following disciplines or the combined disciplines, we want to hear from you:
- Cinematography & Production Design
- Producing, Production Management & Screen Business
- Editing, Animation & VFX
- Directing (including Non-Fiction)
- Screenwriting (including Non-Fiction)
- Sound & Screen Music
To work on the Bachelor of Arts Screen Production, you will be a skilled generalist, with specific interest and expertise in combined disciplines and/or across multiple platforms.
To work on the Master of Arts Screen Program, you will be a highly skilled practitioner within your specific discipline.
- A minimum of 3-years of industry experience.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, use initiative and prioritise tasks and meet deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, adapting the message for a diverse audience in an inclusive and accessible way.
- Discipline specific knowledge and skills.
- Coaching and mentoring experience highly regarded.
- Recent industry experience/industry credits.
This position is open to all Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
AFTRS is committed to building a richly diverse staff and faculty. AFTRS actively supports and appreciates workplace diversity and we strongly encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a wide range of backgrounds and people with a disability.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Working with Children Check.
Salary: $94,077 (pro-rata) plus excellent benefits package.
Please visit our online application portal to see the specific discipline knowledge and skills criteria: https://jobs.aftrs.edu.au/recruitment