Manager, Information Technology Client Services
The Information Technology Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Manager, IT Client Services in Dubai to plan, organize, and direct the operations of Information Technology Department; supervise and coordinate the work of the Help Desk, Training, and Instructional Services in support of the users of IT services and resources.
- Provides leadership for designing and implementing an on-going faculty development plan for the effective and successful integration of technology into the learning environment
- Provides leadership in designing and implementing a training program for staff, faculty and students that provides expert instruction in computer use (hardware/software) and offers project-specific support to individuals or departments
- Provides leadership in working with faculty to promote the effective integration of technology into the instructional programs of the University
- Provides leadership in designing and implementing a plan for providing consistent and efficient support for the student laptop program
- Ensures the proactive support of students, staff, and faculty with regards to technical issues
- Inspires, develops, and manages staff using quality service techniques in order to provide timely and accurate end user systems and services and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Collaborates with faculty and administrators to develop technical resources and solutions that promote effective learning and efficient business practices
- Creates and implement ongoing practices and strategies to ensure the instruction and appraisal of faculty, students, and administrative staff in their use of technology
- Assists as needed with the formulation and development of policies, procedures, and programs of the IT Department
- Collaborates with faculty and respective university officials to design and specify technologically-equipped instructional facilities
- Develops and promote the services of the IT Help Desk
- Develops and implements appropriate support and consultation services to resolve issues and problems with campus IT resources and services
- Prepares and maintain a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records, and files related to assigned areas; prepare reports, articles, correspondence, and other materials
- Communicates with other administrators, University personnel, and contractors to coordinate activities and programs, resolve issues and conflicts and exchange information
- Participates in departmental budgeting and planning activities; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
- Must possess a master’s degree in instructional technology or related field; with a minimum 10 years of experience, including four years in a supervisory capacity with steady advancement in a complex organization, preferably within Higher Education
- Define realistic, specific goals and objectives and prioritize them
- Knowledge of planning, organizing, and directing IT client services
- Knowledge of the pedagogical issues related to the integration of technology into the learning environment
- Knowledge of effective help desk management techniques
- Research, analyze, and recommend new system software and services
- Identify problems and work with staff to recommend and implement solutions.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.