Information Technology Quality Assurance Analyst
Under general supervision, verify correct functionality of software by testing and analyzing systems (applications and/or services). May serve as quality assurance lead.
- Participate in entire software development lifecycle process to catch defects as early as possible; become a domain expert on the system under test.
- Participate in component level design review and planning process to translate design requirements and project specifications into robust test harnesses and test plans.
- Gather and analyze requirements, and test in all layers of the system. Participate in the functional and/or technical specification documents review. Drive towards sustainable and maintainable manual test and automation design.
- Implement test harnesses; create automated and manual test suites.
- Design and execute manual and automated test cases for functional, regression, and/or performance testing, including both back-end and front-end testing of entire system, subsystems, and interfaces to other systems as needed.
- Coordinate testing efforts, and provide quality assurance readiness to team.
- Archive, maintain, and support all test artifacts for reuse on subsequent projects, including test environments, test data, and application instances as appropriate.
- Work proactively with all team members, including business and functional analysts, developers, integration partners, and quality assurance team, to ensure quick resolution of technical issues.
- Act as second or third level technical support, analyzing user problems to identify critical defects, as needed.
- Keep current of industry standards, evolving technologies and methodologies, and tools for quality assurance, development, and testing. Assist in the evaluation and selection of development and testing tools.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- In-depth knowledge of quality assurance methodology and software development life cycles, and the ability to use this expertise to drive test design, processes, and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience with and indepth knowledge of a range of development methodologies, including waterfall, iterative, and agile.
- Demonstrated experience with and indepth knowledge of SQL and Selenium Automation with Pearl or Java.
- Knowledge of and experience working on ERP’s and Cloud solutions, preferable in Oracle or Salesforce.
- Knowledge of and experience with systems lifecycle tools, such as JIRA, Zephyr, Confluence.
- Effective oral, written, and analytical skills, and commitment to continuous testing improvement.
- Ability to establish personal credibility and rapport with team members, management, and client staff.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional extended hours, weekends and evenings.
- Occasional on-call duty.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide,
Why Stanford is for You:
- Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University’s mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
Relocation and sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: 4782
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84862