Research Data Analyst 1
The Stanford University School of Medicine and the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy are seeking a Research Data Analyst 1 to use existing and novel large genomic datasets to understand the immune response to cancer in patients. The Research Data Analyst 1 will be a joint member of the Satpathy laboratory at Stanford University and the Informatics group at the Parker Institute (San Francisco) and work at the interface of cancer immunology and data science. Projects will include multi-omic and single-cell analysis of samples from cancer patients receiving immunotherapy, in order to understand fundamental principles of immunity, as well as to rationally design novel therapeutic strategies. The Research Data Analyst will generate, manage and analyze large amounts of genomic data, in collaboration with project researchers at both Institutes. The goal of this position is to expose and train the Research Data Analyst in quantitative genome science and data analysis, as well as in cancer immunology. Applicants who work well in a team environment and enjoy thinking outside of the box are encouraged to apply.
- Collect, manage and clean datasets.
- Employ new and existing tools to interpret, analyze, and visualize multivariate relationships in data.
- Create databases and reports, develop algorithms and statistical models, and perform statistical analyses appropriate to data and reporting requirements.
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and determine root cause for data problems from input errors or inadequate field edits, and suggest possible solutions.
- Develop reports, charts, graphs and tables for use by investigators and for publication and presentation.
- Analyze data processes in documentation.
- Collaborate with faculty and research staff on data collection and analysis methods.
- Provide documentation based on audit and reporting criteria to investigators and research staff.
- Communicate with government officials, grant agencies and industry representatives.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Masters degree or PhD in data science, bioinformatics, computer science, applied mathematics, or similar.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Have experience programming in R
- Have experience manipulating, exploring, and cleaning tabular data
- Have experience reading and understanding scientific papers, ideally in cancer immunotherapy, clinical trials, and/or immunology
- Have a passion for collaborative, interdisciplinary scientific research that generates real impact
- Be highly motivated and able to work independently
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
Employee Status: Regular