Research Assistant in Computational Fluid-Particle Dynamics Modelling
- Bundoora East Location
- 3 Year, Fixed-Term Contract, 0.5 FTE
- $67,630 - $85,461 Annual Salary +17% Super
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
About the role and college/portfolio
The School of Engineering is renowned for world-class research outcomes, excellent research facilities and robust partnerships with local and international industry leaders. It comprises of seven Research focus: Aerospace Engineering and Aviation, Chemical and Environment Engineering, Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Electrical and Biomedical Engineering, Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials and Mechatronics engineering and Mechanical and Automotive Engineering. School of Engineering is based in both, the Melbourne City campus and Bundoora campus.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst displaying a strong commitment to work in a team environment, including the demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively work with colleagues, project team leaders, and industry partners.
- Evidence of research output including publications, conference contributions and/or technical reports in the field.
- Experience in using computational software with ANSYS-Fluent running Lagrangian particle tracking.
- Demonstrate knowledge in fluid-particle dynamics, heat transfer, and aerosol science
- Demonstrated experience with experimental fluid-particle dynamics visualisation
- Qualification in the relevant discipline area and have commenced or enrolled to commence their PhD.
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this role. Candidates are requested to separately address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description. For any enquires please contact Kiao Inthavong on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Applications close 23 October 2019, at 11:59 PM.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.