Associate Professor, Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Advocate and provide leadership
- Agile and flexible environment
- Outstanding employee value propositions
Continuing Full Time
$144,613 – 161,474 (ALD) plus 17% superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
Your new role
Curtin is seeking to appoint a recognised and inspiring academic leader to our School of Management to lead and manage the Supply Chain Management Faculty. This position is an opportunity for an exceptional academic leader who has a passion to build and enhance Supply Chain Management.
Leadership and Service
- Contribute significantly to academic service, engagement and nurture the spirit of collegiality within the Supply Chain Management Discipline specifically and in Curtin University more broadly.
- Provide effective leadership in external activities relevant to the discipline/profession and community engagement.
- Advocate and provide leadership in relation to school/faculty-wide initiatives.
- Model a high standard of professional behaviour consistent with the University Code of Conduct and Vision, Mission and Values.
- Undertake high level administrative functions connected with leadership of the Supply Chain Management Discipline and related course/teaching and research initiatives.
- Deliver high quality and innovative teaching to undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students across a range of modes and levels in the areas of Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Demonstrate a commitment to foster and develop others with ongoing reflective improvement in teaching.
- Promote a culture of teaching excellence.
- Display a commitment to the discipline/field through the scholarly development and delivery of high quality educational courses.
- Lead major curriculum initiatives and/or pedagogical developments.
- Provide leadership of course and teaching programmes.
- Supervise the program of study for honours students or postgraduate students engaged in course work.
- Keep abreast of current discipline theory and practice.
- Provide effective research leadership and role-modelling for members of the Supply Chain Management Discipline.
- Undertake nationally and internationally competitive and high quality research in the discipline/field.
- Act a Chief Investigator in applications for competitive research grants and/or fellowships.
- Produce highly productive research outputs with regular publication in high quality journals or outputs in other creative outlets consistent with an international reputation in the discipline. Edit international works or journals.
- Develop international recognition for research through presenting at major national and international conferences
- Undertake principal supervision of research honours, masters and doctoral students.
You will bring to the role
- A demonstrated record of leading and managing in an academic environment.
- An established record of highly productive research outputs with regular publication in high quality referred academic journals in Supply Chain Management and/or related fields.
- Demonstrated achievement in the scholarly development and delivering high quality educational courses in Supply Chain Management and/or related fields.
- A significant record of obtaining research income, including nationally competitive research grants and/or fellowships.
- Experience and record of providing high quality supervision to higher degree research students.
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills with the ability foster the development of a collegial and supportive working environment and the ability to interact with students and staff with cross cultural sensitivity.
- A commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies, procedures and legislation in the day to day performance of the functions of this position.
- A doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline
What we offer you
- An opportunity to showcase your leadership skills
- A supportive, agile and flexible working environment
- Competitive remuneration package with 17% Superannuation Extensive learning and development available
- Attractive employee value propositions
Curtin University requires you to provide a cover letter and resume to include sufficient information and examples to allow us to assess your suitability for the role. Please attach a document outlining your suitability for the role against the criteria outlined under ‘You will bring to the role’.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Jess Gibbs School Business Manager
08 9266 1335
Once you have applied, you will receive an email confirming that your application has been received by us. If you do not receive confirmation via email, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you check your spam folders for this email before contacting the team.
Applications close: 9:00 PM, Wednesday 30 October 2019
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.