Stanford Cancer Institute/Cancer Clinical Trials Office Human Resources Administrator
Human Resources Administrator for the Stanford Cancer Institute and the Cancer Clinical Trials Office
Six Month Fixed Term Position
The Stanford Cancer Institute (SCI) is one of only 51 National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the country. As a NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center the SCI is a dynamic and stimulating place to work as it maintains the highest level of scientific rigor, institutional support and coordination for the complete range of cancer-related research, including basic, translational, clinical and population-based science. The SCI brings together faculty with cancer-relevant expertise from four Schools and over 30 departments throughout the University. The Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) is an integral component of the Stanford Cancer Institute since the vital work performed there enables our cancer center to translate research from the laboratory into the clinical setting. Given the SCI’s mission, breadth, and depth it employs ~275 staff members (inclusive of the CCTO) in a fast-paced environment with tremendous opportunities for our Human Resources team.
The SCI-CCTO, is seeking a six month fixed term Human Resources Administrator 1 (HRA) to provide human resources administrative and operational support, and recruitment administration under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Manager. This vital position acts as the first point of contact for most human resources inquiries and serves as a resource to staff and leadership on human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
The HRA will handle highly confidential and sensitive information, requiring tact and diplomacy. Our ideal candidate will have a strong combination of interpersonal, organizational, customer service, and communication skills. If you thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment, this is the HRA position for you.
Core Duties of this position include:
- Serve as a resource on human resources issues, effectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures. Resolve basic issues as appropriate. Refer other issues to human resources manager/director or supervisor for resolution.
- Coordinate the recruitment process, including job postings, interview scheduling, and applicant disposition with hiring managers, human resources staff, and/or supervisors.
- Support and coordinate employment activities (transactions and documentation). Assist in onboarding and exit process of staff.
- May support the process (transactions and documentation) for academic and staff appointments/reappointments and student/post-doctoral appointments.
- Coordinate and/or perform HRIS data management activities, including initiating transactions and running reports for compliance, audit, and metrics purposes. Ensure data integrity and serve as primary contact for identifying and resolving pay issues. May perform time and leave administration duties and input data to financial system.
- Explain applicable disability and leave procedures and generate related correspondence; update and maintain reports to track leaves.
- Assist in the communication of the annual performance appraisal process; review and track incoming performance appraisal forms.
- Maintain personnel and human resources related files.
- Provide general administrative support for human resources staff.
- Develop and maintain reports and analyze data to recommend improvements in our processes.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Flexibility, resourcefulness, and ability to quickly adapt to a fast-paced and high-volume environment. Ability to set and adhere to processes and deadlines. Familiarity with clinical research setting. Extremely organized and self-starter. Working knowledge of Peoplesoft, Taleo, Oracle Bi, is highly desired. A Bachelor’s Degree and knowledge of, and experience with, California Laws.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Associate degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn and apply general human resources policies using problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to consistently follow through with projects and assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems.
- Experience using email and internet.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, and use a telephone.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, sort/file paperwork.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Travel on campus to schools/units, out of town.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: F