Research Associate, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Organization Name Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Focus on in-memory computing AI algorithm targeting RRAM technology. He/She will be part of research group to investigate memristor technology for computing
- Develop CNN based algorithm for MR crossbar architecture using Matlab and Spice
- Design the required arithmetic operations for the developed MR-based CNN algorithm
- Develop mapping algorithm to match target image recognition application
- Bench mark the CNN algorithm against prior art
- Verify the proposed algorithm using commercial MR crossbar or accurate models
Master Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering or computer Science with emphasize on computer architecture, computer arithmetic, signal and image processing for AI
Experience with machine learning based algorithm such as CNN, image processing, light weight AI engine for edge devices
How To Apply
- CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)