Associate Lecturer/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Construction Management and Property
UNSW BE is one of the largest built environment faculties in Australia and is internationally renowned for its comprehensive range of built environment degree programs and interdisciplinary education. At UNSW BE, the academic focus is on research and education that supports excellence in the planning, design and development of cities and their component parts in the 21st Century. The Faculty’s goal is to deliver high impact research and graduates equipped with the knowledge and practical skills required to realise sustainable urban environments of enduring cultural value.
We seek an academic who aspires to be a central part of Construction & Property Management in the 21st Century and its contribution to the evolution of the Built Environment.
The person we seek will bring energy, creativity, agility and an ability to thrive in an ever-increasing interdisciplinary environment. This opening presents an academic with an excellent opportunity to advance their research and teaching skills and develop their leadership skills within a highly regarded interdisciplinary design Faculty, and to foster engagement and collaboration to forge international networks and to make substantial contributions to the academic excellence at UNSW.
A successful Level B or C candidate will also be considered for nomination for a UNSW Scientia Fellowship.
About UNSW Scientia Fellowships
The UNSW Scientia Fellowship Program is one of the cornerstones of UNSW’s 2025 Strategy. A primary goal of the Program is to enhance UNSW's research performance by attracting and retaining exceptional early to mid-career researchers, with outstanding research track records. Scientia Fellows will be leaders in their School and Faculty and engage with the three pillars of social engagement, global impact and academic excellence.
UNSW Scientia Fellows have access to a range of development opportunities including career coaching tailored to their level of experience across research, teaching and leadership. Fellows will be mentored and will also develop the skills required to become mentors and research leaders themselves.
Appointments are made on a Convertible Tenure Track contract. The initial engagement is for 4 years fixed term with the possibility to convert to continuing tenure. The program also allows flexibility to take research breaks to do other study, take an industry engagement or follow other interests. We are also open to part time appointments.
Find out more at www. www.scientia.unsw.edu.au/scientia-fellowships
- Salary: $76,570- $149,394 + 17% superannuation & Annual Leave loading
- Three-year convertible tenure track academic appointment at the relevant level aligned with UNSW Academic standards
- Full time- 35hr per week
- Location: Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
The appointee will be expected to:
- Bring expertise in future focussed construction management in one or more of the following specific areas: sustainable building, technology contributions to construction.
- Have an established research focus and publication record.
- Support and contribute to excellence and innovation in the design and delivery of teaching and learning
- Ensure that programs are designed in accordance with the Program Design Procedure and the principles of the Integrated Curriculum Framework (ICF).
- Contribute to internal and external activities relating to the administration and development of the discipline.
- Verify continuing compliance with the requirements of the Higher Education standards framework, including programs designed in collaboration with another party or designed to be delivered by an approved UNSW Third party provider.
- Work with fellow academic staff to strengthen the interdisciplinary alliances and activity within the faculty and the broader UNSW community
- Contribute to and lead research projects and achieve a high-level of quality research productivity and to attract and supervise research higher degree students
- Support and contribute to activities that forge and/or sustain relationships with external organisations such as local design practices, the Group of Eight and the PLUS Alliance, Universitas21, and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities.
- Encourage equity and diversity in all aspects of university life.
Within your application, please review the responsibilities and address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
- Pre-employment checks required for this position include qualification verification.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Applications close: 11:50 pm, Thursday 31st Oct 2019 (AEST)
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.