Deadline: 31 Dec 2019
Employment type: Full-time
VinUniversity seeks a motivated, organized individual who is passionate about education and pedagogy to serve as the Instructional Designer for VinUniversity based in Hanoi Vietnam. As the first ID for VinUniversity, this individual will demonstrate an optimistic, highly collaborative approach, highly refined problem solving and critical thinking skills, and the agility to adjust to a fast-paced, rapidly changing “start-up” environment. As an ID for a new university that is committed to implementing the highest standards of teaching and research, this individual has a once in a lifetime opportunity to design, implement and build from the ground up, the undergraduate experience for students in Engineering, Health Sciences and Business, and in doing so, serve as a champion and example of evidence based, student centric, technology enabled undergraduate teaching in this region
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Center for Institutional Excellence
- Collaborate with faculty, subject matter experts and staff to plan, design, develop, deploy and support courses.
- Ensure all courses and course components are student-centered, engaging, meet university standards, copyright and accessibility requirements and universal design guidelines.
- Coordinate and manage instructional design projects
- Provide pedagogical and technology support to faculty and students during the design and delivery of courses.
- Recommend effective and creative uses of technology and pedagogy to enhance instruction and create new learning opportunities.
- Lead, conduct and support faculty training programs including the creation and facilitation of online tutorials, videos, activities and other materials to assist faculty with online teaching and learning tools.
- Curate and create engaging, relevant and high quality web resources to support faculty in self-assessment and self-development
- Conduct course quality reviews, lead peer feedback sessions, conduct individual coaching sessions with faculty, provides recommendations for course improvement, and promote good practices of teaching and learning with technology.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and their application to online instruction pedagogy and technology and their applicability to enhancing face-to-face courses. Make recommendations to adopt and implement solutions as appropriate.
- May also lead/conduct teaching workshops for K-12 teachers and/or faculty from colleges other than VinUniversity
- Build professional networks and leverage global networks to continuously improve teaching approaches, utilize best practices, and build a leadership presence in pedagogy in South East Asia.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Master’s degree in Instructional Technology or related field plus a minimum of three years’ experience in online course design and development, and in consulting with faculty about developing and teaching quality online, hybrid, and/or face-to-face courses. Preference will be given to candidates that have an advanced degree or certificate in an area related to Education, Instructional Design, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Technology or related field. Significant relevant experience may be considered in lieu of advanced degree. BA/BS required.
- Extensive experience in the use of instructional design principles and models, and instructional design process in a higher education setting, preferably in the medical or other health professions field.
- Experience in managing multiple individual projects including prioritizing work to meet timelines and milestones. This also includes planning for potential concerns and preparing work-arounds to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written English with an eagle eye for correct grammar, spelling and inclusive language; the ability to edit while retaining the author’s voice is crucial
- Proficiency in some combination of graphic design, video and multi-media production, accessible and inclusive design, web development, user experience design, copyright, and learning object creation
- Experience with course management systems and/or learning management systems, such as Canvas and Saba
- Advance knowledge in instructional design principles, theories, and methodologies for use in traditional, individualized, multimedia, and distance environments; adult learning theory and learning.
- Experience in integrating technology into the teaching/learning process to meet learning objectives.
- Knowledge of current copyright regulations and intellectual property concepts as they relate to the academic environment.
Note: this position is located in Hanoi, Vietnam. Physical presence in Hanoi is required for most of the academic year; however consideration will be given to candidates who wish to spend part of their time in their home country.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Accommodation: VinUniversity will provide accommodation benefit in the compensation package and assist with accommodation options.
- Working permit: VinUniversity will assist in establishing the paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, working permit, ID, driver license, insurance, etc.)
- Child education: VinUniversity will assist in finding an excellent school for your children. There is child education allowance if your children study at Vinschools.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send (1) a full curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter, (3) a teaching and research statement and other relevant qualifications to email@example.com . Consideration of candidates will occur on a rolling basis beginning September 2019, and will continue until the position is filled. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination including the candidate’s contact information to the Search Committee.
All applications should be named: Name-Applied Position-(CV/Cover letter/Research Statement…)-Applied Date.
For example, if your name is Linh Nguyen, you apply for Hospitality Management Faculty on Sep 21st 2019, your CV attached should be: Linh Nguyen-Hospitality Management Faculty-CV-21Sep19, your Cover letter attached should be: Linh Nguyen-Hospitality Management Faculty-Cover letter-21Sep19. Application that doesn’t follow this Name Format will not be considered for further process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.