Senior Lecturer in Health Services/Healthcare Management
- Join one of Asia-Pacific’s leading research-intensive Universities in a globally recognised team of health services researchers and educators
- Develop research and education harnessing our system and service partnerships in healthcare locally, nationally and globally
- Live in one of the best cities in the world - Sydney NSW Australia
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
The School of Public Health and Community Medicine (SPHCM) is internationally recognised as a leader in Public Health and Health Services Research with particular research strengths in Health Services Management, Adolescent Health, Healthy Ageing, Infection and Immunity, Global Health, Indigenous Health and Primary Health Care. The School has a core mission to investigate and provide new knowledge to help inform policy, governance, organisation, work and leadership through cross disciplinary research with both academia, community and industry. The School also has strong associations with research centres and institutes throughout UNSW Medicine
- Academic Level C: $130, 216 – $149, 394 (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed-term, 3-year opportunity
- The Senior Lecturer will be responsible for developing and contributing to the programs of health services research and Health Management postgraduate and executive education in the School.
- The Senior Lecturer will also be an emerging research leader; publishing in top ranked peer reviewed journals, seeking to attract competitive funding, to supervise higher degree students and contribute to academic administrative functions in the Health Management team at the School of Public Health and Community Medicine.
The position of Senior Lecturer in Health Services/Healthcare Management reports to the Director of Health Management, School of Public Health and Community Medicine.
About the Successful Applicant
You will have a PhD degree or equivalent doctoral qualification. You will also have a strong track record in peer-reviewed publications in your field, with an emerging reputation as a leader in health services research. You will be demonstrating success in obtaining competitive research funding and have demonstrated experience in, and drive for, developing and delivering postgraduate educational offerings in both face to face and online modes for healthcare leaders and managers.
To make an application you can only apply online through the website. Please include your resume, a cover letter and a response to the selection criteria from the job description. You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Contact (only for questions about the role)
Dr Reema Harrison – Director of Health Management
Applications close: 11 pm Sunday, 28th October 2019
Find out more about working at UNSW at jobs.unsw.edu.au
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.