Post Doctoral Fellow, Petroleum Engineering
Organization Name Petroleum Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
- To provide high-quality research and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication
- Strong capability to run common laboratory equipment with high HSE for research on chemical EOR
- Provide strong guidance/support to graduate students to execute Chemical EOR experiment and AC/QC results as per the principle investigator instructions and industry practice.
- Ensure the project activities are reported in professional format to the main sponsors
- Proven record on performing variable EOR experiments (eg. Rheometer, coreflood, centrifuge …etc) using different chemical EOR methods (eg. polymer, surfactant, foam..etc) and three phase gas experiment, with and without additives.
- Strong ability to characterize different chemicals for EOR applications
- Contribute to project success and achieve the assigned tasks
- Frequent update on the assigned activities
- Follow up experiment test and evaluation
- Ensure student’s compliance to general laboratory operations in accordance with the HSE standards
- Maintain laboratory record, materials and consumable requirements
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Assist graduate students to perform and QC the acquired data
- PhD Degree in Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Engineering or close related discipline
Strong track record on publications related to EOR application
- Minimum 4 year experience in a reputed EOR research laboratory
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)