University Job Title: Research Associate 2, HSS
Bargaining Unit: None - Not included in the union (Yale Union Group)
Time Type: Full time
Duration Type: Fixed
If Fixed Duration, Period: 1 year from date of hire
If Fixed Duration, is continuation possible? Yes
Other Fixed Duration Date: 30-Oct-2020
Compensation Grade: Clinical & Research
Compensation Grade Profile: Research Associate 2 HSS (23)
Work Location: Medical School Campus
Worksite Address: 34 Park Street New Haven, CT 06519
Work Week: Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Searchable Job Family: Clinical, Research/Support
Total # of hours to be worked: 37.5
The position will primarily provide clinical and research services as a member of the PRIME collaborative team, located at 34 Park Street, to adolescents and young adults with emerging psychotic symptoms, with opportunities to participate in research activities, and community outreach and education.
- Carries out research within the scope of the established study protocol. Adheres to all human subjects regulations as defined by Yale University and the federal government that pertain to research studies.
- Develops criteria for admission of study subjects based on goals and objectives of project.
- Determines potential sources of funding and prospective partnerships.
- Evaluates feasibility of accepting potential projects through analysis of staffing needs, resource requirements, financial costs, and current planned capacity of group. Negotiates contracts and/or changes with funder.
- Develops original HIC/IRB submissions. Based on knowledge of science and research goals, collaborates with PIs on major revisions and contributes to scientific protocols. Plans and implements changes.
- Develops forms, questionnaires and the application of research techniques; writes procedures manuals for data collection and coding.
- Responsible for the documentation and transmission of study data. Ensures that report forms are accurately documented and completed in a timely manner at each site location.
- Works independently to develop manage and organize multi site studies. Serves as primary coordinator between University, non-Yale collaborators, pharmaceutical companies, HIC, IRB and funding sources.
- Performs descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Designs and implements quality control measures to ensure accurate collection and processing of data.
- Contributes in-depth, original thought and relevance to written reports and to the writing of abstracts and manuscripts.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in a related discipline and two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Familiarity with medical record documentation and web-based progress note documentation in accordance with licensing and accreditation standards.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Abiltity conducting community presentations to a wide variety of audiences and be able to answer questions about the work of the clinic and the assessment and care of at-risk patients.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Familiar with appropriate research ethics and procedures for recruiting, enrolling and monitoring patients in treatment protocols including administering research instruments.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Well-developed interpersonal and time-management skills, a strong work ethic, detail-oriented and self-motivation.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships with principal investigators, coordinators, industry professionals, government officials and study sponsors to ensure the safe and timely progression of study procedures.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
LPC or LCSW licensed or license-eligible.
Weekend Hours Required? Occasional
Evening Hours Required? Occasional
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Additional Background or Health Screening Requirements
Selected incumbent must have successful completion of a required health screening and/or TB test.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Yale University is a tobacco-free campus