Data Management Analyst (Research Data Analyst 2)
The Department of Biomedical Data Science is looking for a Data Management Analyst (Research Data Analyst 2) to work on statistical data management for clinical trials and observational studies. We are seeking a highly motivated, hard-working and professional data analyst to join our team. The successful candidate will join a vibrant team of academic data scientists on collaborative projects in Stanford Medical School. Under general supervision by faculty members, the incumbent will perform the clinical study database development, data management for ongoing studies, and produce routine reports, working with clinical collaborators for specific analyses. The incumbent will work closely with biostatistical faculty to interrogate databases for the purpose of creating analytic files, performing quality control and data cleaning, managing data and doing data analysis under supervision of faculty statisticians. This position holds excellent career development opportunities.
- Assist in development of study electronic data capture systems for clinical studies.
- Assess and produce relevant, standard, or custom information (reports, charts, graphs and tables) from structured data sources by querying data repositories and generating the associated information.
- Distribute and disseminate reports to applicable agencies, researchers, management and other internal end-users.
- Develop and produce dashboards, key performance indicators, and other recognized metrics used to monitor and report organizational performance.
- Collect, manage and clean datasets related to the report generation.
- Research and reconcile data discrepancies occurring among various information systems and reports.
- Participate in the implementation of data standards and common data elements for data collection.
- Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis and reporting.
- May test prototype software and participate in approval and release process for new software.
- Create data dictionaries and libraries that document how data are housed.
- Apply statistical models to the data to summarize data according to analysis plans.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Advanced degree/Master’s Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Bioinformatics or Other Health Sciences related field
- At least one year of experience collaborating with biostatisticians and clinical and lab-based investigators on studies.
- Familiarity with statistical packages like SAS and R.
- Experience collaborating under minimal supervision in a team environment on data-related issues for clinical studies.
- Experience with REDCap and/or REDCap Cloud
- Experience with programming languages such as SQL or Python for database manipulation.
- Ability to communicate technical information to all audiences.
- Basic knowledge and demonstrated experience using and applying analytical software, database management system software, database reporting software, database user interface and query software, and data mining software.
- Ability to collect data using a variety of methods, such as electronic documentation study, to improve or expand databases.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized, flexible and rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to use logic to calculate data; efficiently construct a database or scrutinize the form of a question.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I