Research Officer, School of Health Medical and Applied Sciences
- Casual hours
- School of Health Medical and Applied Sciences
- CQUniversity Melbourne
- Casual Rates Apply – $50.88 to $61.88 per hour
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Ranked within the top 2% of worldwide universities, CQUniversity's reputable research community operates at, above or well-above world standards across 22 research categories. Relish in the opportunity to make a meaningful impact by developing new knowledge while working alongside world-leading researchers and using state-of-the-art facilities.
Working alongside Professor Carolyn Unsworth and Professor Anjum Naweed, you will contribute to a project investigating innovations to support and promote travel for people with disabilities. The position is ideally suited to graduates with a background in occupational therapy, design, engineering, human factors or information technology. The position will be offered for a period of 6 months with flexible work hours available.
In this exciting role, you will investigate accessibility innovations that have been implemented in various countries and industry. You will also undertake comprehensive reviews and synthesis of relevant international literature, coordinate fieldwork as required, and perform administrative functions primarily connected with the team members’ area of research. This is your opportunity to enrich your research experience and get your foot in the door at Australia’s fastest growing Universities.
- Completed four years of tertiary study in the relevant discipline and have relevant work experience or have completed an honours degree or higher qualification or equivalent research experience.
- Demonstrated ability for scientific database searching and use of Endnote as well as excellent webbased searching skills.
- Proven ability to undertake comprehensive investigative research work, demonstrating expertise and skill in research methods and ability, including analysis, interpretation of statistics and preparation of research reports and papers.
Please submit a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate, a current resume and copies of your qualifications to be considered for the position.
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 13 October 2019
- Vacancy Reference Number: 33327
When submitting your application, please include the following: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria. Use alphabetic or numeric characters only in your application. Do not use characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.