- SCHOOL OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- $99,043 - $117,312 (ALEVB)
- ONGOING, FULL TIME
The School of Arts and Humanities Counselling Courses provide students with excellent theoretical foundations, therapeutic skills and self-reflective clinical practice proficiency in Counselling.
We are seeking to appointment a skilled and experienced academic to our Joondalup Campus to teach across our Counselling courses. This Teaching-Focussed position will appeal to the experienced practitioner, and offers an excellent opportunity to contribute to teaching at both postgraduate and undergraduate levels, and pursue innovations in teaching including effective online delivery and assessment.
The successful applicant must possess:
- A PhD (or significant progress towards one) with significant professional experience in Counselling, Clinical or Counselling Psychology or Social Work with specialist knowledge in psychodynamic counselling;
- At least five years’ clinical experience in a counselling/psychotherapy role either with individuals, couples and families and/or groups. Expertise in psychoanalytic forms of practice is required
- Previous teaching, coordination and material development experience in counselling, clinical psychology or clinical social work at the undergraduate level;
- Experience in the development and effective delivery of online units;
- Demonstrated expertise in the psychoanalytically informed clinical supervision of students or professional colleagues.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time, ongoing position attracts remuneration of $99,043 - $117,312 (ALEVB) plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our website Employment Opportunities.
Interested applicants are welcome to call A/Prof Vicki Banham on (08 6304 5530) or email: email@example.com for more information.
How to Apply
After consideration of the attached Selection Criteria, candidates are asked to upload an up-to-date resume along with a statement addressing the five (5) key requirements listed in the above advert.
Applications close on Sunday 20 October 2019 at 11:30 pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE THIS IS AN ONGOING POSITION, APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE EITHER PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.