Senior Talent Management Consultant
University Job Title: Sr. Talent Management Consultant
Bargaining Unit: None - Not included in the union (Yale Union Group)
Time Type: Full time
Duration Type: Regular
Compensation Grade: Administration & Operations
Compensation Grade Profile: Senior Manager; Senior Program Leader (26)
Work Location: Central Campus
Worksite Address: 221 Whitney Avenue New Haven, CT 06511
Work Week: Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Searchable Job Family: Human Resources
Total # of hours to be worked: 37.5
Reporting to the Director of Organizational Effectiveness and Staff Development, the Sr. Talent Management Consultant will assist HR partners in developing Yale HR’s talent management service delivery strategy and program, and lead the development of related tools, processes, and instruction. This position will play a key role in enhancing Yale’s talent capabilities for our management and professional staff. The position creates and cultivate programs that aim to attract, measure, develop and manage the organization’s talent pool. Creates a change management strategy to align talent management objectives with other organizational goals while working with partners such as Organizational Development Consultants, Yale’s Learning Center, Employee Relations and Staffing to support adoption of a related suite of human resources systems and tools, including leadership development, talent and succession planning, performance management and individual development.
This position requires advanced experience in talent and human resources management systems at the organizational level, and a demonstrated understanding of how aligning talent management processes influences behavior, motivation, output and retention. This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop and assist Yale, managers and staff in the growth of its talent while promoting a high performance, development-oriented culture.
- Working with a team of HR leaders, colleagues and university stakeholders, develops a recommended talent development strategy, initiatives, program and best practices.
- Upon adoption of an HR strategy for talent management, leads the development of tools and related instruction and supports the development of processes,
- Serves as an ambassador and champion of Yale’s talent management programs. Drives adoption and use of university tools and programs. Develops curriculum, and facilitates training and development programs in support of these tools as necessary.
- Anticipates organizational impacts of current and future talent strategies and develops/provides advice, action plans and interventions to increase organizational performance in the management of talent.
- Identifies, assesses and diagnoses organizational challenges through data gathering, research and analysis and recommends solutions or programs refinements in support of proactive adoption and/or remediation.
- Supports the annual talent planning process and, in partnership with the Employee Relations function, assists efforts to improve the effectiveness of tools.
- Evaluates performance management and strategic goal setting capabilities and champions initiatives to upgrade and institutionalize university practices.
- Supports the creation and activities of targeted talent development programs (i.e. executive development, management development, onboarding) through learning, mentorship, coaching, and/or retention methods. Creates metrics and monitors program effectiveness.
- Support the design of Yale’s technology road map by creating talent tools that leverage technology solutions in support Yale’s ability to generate people analytics for talent planning and development efforts.
- Leads organizational talent management projects as assigned. Translates project requirements into objectives and tasks, outlining scope, milestones, schedule, resources, costs, stakeholder analysis, change management requirements, and risk. Engages stakeholders around deliverables and expectations and leads/owns change management efforts, inclusive of stakeholder engagement. Provides performance metrics as required.
- Supports and partners with HR staff and directors as needed. Develops strong working relationship with HR colleagues and department leaders to ensure alignment of goals and objectives.
- May provide consultation and coaching in a variety of contexts, including one on one coaching, development planning support, learning and development course facilitation, and/or OD tool and interventions focused on enhancing operational or team performance.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability working with all levels of management, assessing needs, diagnosing challenges and creating appropriate solutions to enhance individual and organizational effectiveness in support of strategic goals.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated proficiency with HR practices and their tools, i.e. talent planning, learning and development, 360 feedback, performance management, strategic goal setting, onboarding, coaching, leadership development, program/instructional design and facilitation.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated ability managing HR projects; i.e. program improvement, talent effectiveness initiatives, leadership program course development and delivery, assessment and coaching. Ability to identify and incorporate best practices and lessons learned into future program planning; to spot future organizational trends and proactively correct course, as necessary.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated ability to develop and utilize HR metrics to identify organizational trends; perform data analysis and develop strategies to monitor and measure effectiveness of progress.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Demonstrated drive for results, business acumen, customer focus and political savviness. Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Master’s Degree in Organizational Development, HR Management, MBA or a related field. Experience executing talent management programs and working with minimum of one other HR function. Experience effectively facilitating meetings and introducing and implementing new initiatives within a highly decentralized organization.
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Note: Yale University is a tobacco-free campus