Senior Business Development Manager
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio
Department/School: Research Innovation and Commercialisation
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About Research, Innovation and Commercialisation
Research, Innovation and Commercialisation (RIC) is the central facilitator of research funding in the University of Melbourne, taking advantage of the full diversity of research funding opportunities.
About the role
Within RIC, the Senior Business Development Manager will represent the Melbourne School of Engineering (MSE), specialising in bespoke education solutions for industry clients delivered in partnership with the Melbourne School of Professional and Continuing Education (MSPACE). As the successful candidate, you will create and manage a portfolio of projects and clients across the Faculty, in close collaboration with colleagues from MSPACE, RIC, and MSE. You must possess commercial acumen and relevant experience in order to represent the University, identify commercial opportunities, identify and complement existing academic and research strengths and work collaboratively and in alignment with other areas of RIC, Chancellery and the broader University.
In order to succeed, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and demonstrated experience and expertise in the development and delivery of commercial services within a complex organisation, preferably with an engineering/technical background or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
- Substantial experience in leading, and holding financial accountability for, business development activities; commercial educational/training services experience highly desirable
- Demonstrated capability in scoping, planning, negotiating and managing complex arrangements with commercial partners, particularly in the areas of teaching and learning and consulting
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate and facilitate teams/resources to respond to commercial opportunities; successful history of working in teams, across teams and leading teams in a collaborative manner that prioritises collective achievement
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to represent the University at a senior level to external stakeholders; lead, direct and influence others; the demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with a wide range of internal and external groups
- Collaborative, strong stakeholder and customer engagement skills
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively and cooperatively in a dynamic, ambiguous and changing work environment
- Experience and empathy for working in the interface between academia, business/corporate and government and related sectors
- Demonstrated excellence in complex project management and meeting deadlines with attention to detail.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Applications close: 20 Oct 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time