Associate/Full Professor in Political Sciences and International Relations
Zayed University, a premier university in the United Arab Emirates, is an innovative institution based on an international model of higher education. With its campuses in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, the University prepares graduates to become leaders in government, business, civil society, and family life. The University expects its graduates to be competent in English and Arabic, proficient in the use of computing technology, and strong in quantitative and research skills. English is the primary language of instruction and administration. Zayed University is fully accredited in the UAE and by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education in the US. The United Arab Emirates is a progressive country known for its high standard of living and its safe and family-friendly environment.
The Department/ College
The Department of International Studies, which is part of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, is an interdisciplinary department that offers undergraduate programs in International Studies and a graduate program in Diplomacy and International Affairs (MA). These programs take a broad, multidisciplinary approach to the study of politics, society, and economy at the local, regional and international levels.
The Department of international Studies invites applications for fulltime faculty positions in Political Science or International Relations. Associate Professors with Academic Administrative skills would be advantageous. Successful candidates will be expected to teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels. In addition to teaching and scholarly activities, faculty are expected to provide service to the College and to the University; to participate in the development, evaluation and revision of the college curriculum; to participate in the implementation of assessment of major learning outcomes; and actively engage in research activities leading to the publication of peer-reviewed articles and/or books in their area of specialization. Faculty members are also expected to liaise extensively with external constituents within the community to further the mission of the University as a national institution.
Successful candidates are expected to fully meet the expectations for the position, which include:
- A Ph.D. in Political Science or International Relations
- A proven record of excellence at baccalaureate-level teaching.
- Dedication to curricular innovation.
- Record of professional accomplishment including peer-reviewed publications and/or presentations.
- Commitment to a sustained research program and interest in collaboration with other Faculty.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate web-based and/or digital technology in the classroom.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and the College.
- Experience with graduate programs would be an asset.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the United Arab Emirates, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and subsidized healthcare provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
Please visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on ‘Employment’ to be directed to the recruitment website. In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, the names and contact details of three professional references, a statement of teaching philosophy and a statement of scholarly and creative interests.
The review of applications will continue until the position is filled
More searches like this
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates