4 days left
- Full Time
- Assess user needs and requirements.
- Design and develop applications that may involve sophisticated data manipulation.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Create programs to meet reporting and analysis needs.
- Design and implement user and operations training programs.
- Document changes in software for end users.
- Follow team software development methodology.
- Serve as technical resource with respect to applications.
- Perform testing, debugging, change control, and documentation.
- Follow application development administration and programming standards.
- Responsible for support, maintenance, operation, and upgrades of applications.
- Resolve complex technical problems and work on optimizing performance.
- Work with other technical developers to develop standard documentation, processes, and procedures.
Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current knowledge of latest software and design standards.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures.
- Basic knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Knowledge of working in Lightning/Communities, APEX, Custom coding, Process Builder, Triggers, Visualforce, Approval Processes, and Visual Workflow.
- Knowledge of database design concepts and use of SOQL, SOSL, and SQL.
- Knowledge of Salesforce API and Web Services (REST/SOAP/Bulk).
- Understanding environment management, release management, code versioning, deployment methodologies, and CI/CD tools.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programming tools.
- Strong understanding of data design, architecture, relational databases, and data modeling.
- Understanding of all aspects of software development lifecycle and quality control practices.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use programming methods.
- Knowledge of Salesforce DX.
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language like Python and machine learning is a plus.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds
- * - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You:
- Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University’s mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
- Relocation and sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I