Associate Lecturer/Lecturer in Marketing Analytics
- Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking
- The opportunity to contribute to marketing education and research and to work in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Full-time, continuing appointment at Level A/B, remuneration package: $109K-$146K (which includes salary, leave loading and 17% super). A salary supplement may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
About the opportunity
Our Discipline of Marketing invites applicants for the position of Associate Lecturer/Lecturer in Marketing (Academic Level A or B). Our discipline is highly regarded and collegial. As the successful applicant you will join a dynamic group teaching in a large course work program for both undergraduates and postgraduates. Current research and teaching covers; consumer behaviour, market research, marketing strategy, business to business marketing, marketing communications, brand management, digital marketing and CRM. There is also a healthy and productive honours and PhD program and a very active and well supported research program.
Since most big data comes from consumers and has marketing consequences for consumers, the discipline is launching an exciting new suite of course to cater for students wanting to understand how this happens at both undergraduate and post graduate levels. This includes elements such as; using big data for market research and customer insights, analyzing digital marketing responses to improve marketing communication effectiveness, analyzing online behaviours to better predict buying patterns and needs for customer service and journey mapping and for developing business models for big data, Research opportunities in the areas such as; ROI measurement, customer service, omni-channel retailing, privacy and data protection, and staff will have access to the University of Sydney’s super computer power when analyzing large data sets if needed.
This role is your opportunity to:
- teach marketing units at undergraduate and postgraduate levels to culturally diverse student cohorts, and provide curriculum development in marketing
- make a contribution to the research strengths of the discipline, including the pursuit of research grants and regular publication in journals of high standing
- supervise research higher degree students
- be involved in interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders
- contribute to academic administration
- support the adoption of innovative content design and delivery practices and authentic assessment in assigned units in line with School and University requirements
- support the incorporation of work integrated learning (WIL) opportunities within the curriculum and, where appropriate, contribute to the development and delivery of WIL content.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for an Associate Lecturer/Lecturer in Marketing who possesses:
- a complete or near complete (i.e. within 3 months) PhD in Marketing or a related field
- teaching and research expertise in marketing analytics, big data and/or consumer modelling.
- experience providing high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in marketing including high level contributions to course administration
- some record of innovative curriculum development in marketing
- evidence of research supervision of marketing students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- evidence of a high potential, productive and high-quality research program with an emerging track record of academic publications in international peer-reviewed publications
- high level team work and interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to the collegial life of the marketing discipline
- the willingness to contribute to the Business School’s service and promotional activities, e.g., student information days
About us The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. We employ over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students. The University of Sydney Business School is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development. It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
The Business School has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors. It is situated in a new $180m state-of-the-art learning environment which, in the highly competitive global market for business education, will further enhance its ability to attract the best and brightest students, staff and researchers from around the world.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1990/0919C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Tuesday 22 October 2019 (Sydney time).
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
More searches like this
- Permanent Business & Management Academic Posts jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Business & Management Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Business & Management Other Academic jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Business & Management Professional Services jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Business & Management Marketing & Communications jobs in Sydney