Postdoctoral Fellow, Chemical and Environmental Engineering
Organization Name Chemical and Environmental Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Conduct research activities that are aligned with the KU’s research strategies under the supervision of the lead professor in a team environment.
- To prepare and conduct chemical synthesis of nano-materials
- To conduct analysis involving chemistry, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and various transport phenomenon
- To conduct characterization experiments by using a range of advanced instruments
- To interpret the data in relation to mass and heat transfer, surface energy of the materials
- To write scientific document reporting the methods, results and discussion for publication
- To work harmoniously in a team environment with a helpful working attitude to students
- To help the lead Professor in laboratory house-keeping and basic maintenance
- To help the Masters and PhD students in the group on laboratory skills and functioning
- PhD Degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering
- Have good track record of quality journal publish as first author.
- Have demonstrated skills in nano-materials synthesis and advanced characterization
- Have solid knowledge on various transport phenomenon and inter-facial surface energy of the materials
- Have experience involving mass and heat transfer analysis of the materials.
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).