Research Assistant, Grant
Applications are invited for the post of Research Assistant on a one-year (renewable) contract to join the research of “The road map for the implementation of Genomic medicine and Pharmacogenomics in U.A.E: a mixed method approach - quantitative and qualitative research, Institute of Public Health, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University. Standard Duties of the Post This successful applicant will be involved with field work including recruitment, data collection, and data management, and will also support the research team in a wide variety of research activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and interview healthcare providers, faculty members, students, patients, public and stakeholders in the seven Emirates.
- Distribute questionnaire to healthcare providers, faculty members, students, patients, public and stakeholders in the seven Emirates.
- Conduct a specified program of research and scholarship under the supervision and direction of the Principal Investigator
- Support the Principal Investigator and research group in the design, development, and implementation of the research project
- Support if required, the development of proposals for research funding
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which you are engaged as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group and the Institute
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the research project under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Carry out logistic preparation for focus group and interviews.
- Conduct Transcribing” verbatim “.
- Engage in themes analysis of qualitative studies.
- Engage in the drafting of the scientific paper.
Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree with a major in health-related subject. Research experience and knowledge of medical terminologies.
Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or a closely related Basic/Health Science subject along with relevant experience in conducting survey research within hospital/community settings and have experience in using SPSS and /or Nvivo.
Ideally the candidate will have:
- Excellent computer and numerical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Demonstrated awareness of cultural, privacy and confidentiality issues.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills and flexibility with working hours.
- Good skills in SPSS.
- Good skills in Nvivo. Have valid driving license and a personal Car.
AED 4-6K per month, to be negotiated according to experience plus health insurance.
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.-CMHS
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff