Head of Corporate Accounting Programmes
Closing date: Not specified
Employment type: Permanent
Department: School of Business & Technology - Faculty
London, Birmingham or Manchester with some national/international travel
BPP’s School of Business and Technology has several unique programmes delivered for corporate client students, closely connected to the accounting profession and we will innovate these further.
This is an opportunity to shape the education and early careers of hundreds of students, from a small number of clients, over the next few years. This person will work very closely with blue chip corporate clients to design and deliver programmes to meet their news. We anticipate significant increases in numbers of students from sponsoring employers. This role would suit an experienced education professional, with experience of working in a corporate environment, who wants to work in a unique business school, managing the design, tuition and assessment of highly innovative programmes. The candidate should be looking for a move into a leadership role and needs to have both practical, academic knowledge and commercial acumen. This role is fundamental to the success of the school and is part of the longer term strategic objectives of BPP.
This role is an important role within the School of Business and Technology, reporting to the Director of Accounting Programmes. It offers an exciting opportunity to create and lead innovative accountancy and finance programmes in a unique and contribute to a growing school, university and BPP group.
This role will drive the educational and commercial success of various accountancy programmes (for example the Graduate Diploma in Accounting) and contribute to the growth and success of the Business School.
The role holder has overall responsibility for leading the relevant programmes, ensuring a high quality learning experience for all students and high levels of engagement with the wider academic, professional and regulatory communities.
Key performance indicators for this role:
The performance of this role will be measured on several metrics and these include (but are not limited to):
- Overall module and programme pass rates
- Progression rates of students
- Completion rates of students
- Client satisfaction
- Student satisfaction
- Student recruitment (via clients)
- Programme reviews
- Provide overall academic leadership to the Module Leader team with the aim of maintaining the highest possible standards in learning, teaching and assessment. This includes review and approval of summative assessments.
- Maintain and enhance the programme design, delivery and assessment by seeking to continuously improve the offering (through the Module Leaders), to meet the changing needs of students, clients and the profession.
- Contribute to and where appropriate lead on the process of programme development and validation in liaison with clients, the relevant BPP committees and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that the programme meets the standards set by relevant professional bodies (for example ICAEW, ACCA) and our University regulations.
- Embed appropriate QA processes into the programme, and analyse and respond to all data trends and issues identified. This includes preparation of Annual Programme Monitoring Reviews.
- Other university activities expected of a Head of Programmes, for example chairing of academic misconduct panels, membership or appeals board etc.
- Ensure that the programme design and delivery meets the requirements of the clients within our Academic Regulations.
- Ensure that the delivery of the programme meets reporting requirements of our clients.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with client personnel at an appropriate level, to ensure a meaningful, profitable multi year relationship with key corporate clients.
- Work with the key internal stakeholders to ensure that all students receive appropriate support relevant to the programme (for example inductions, personal tutoring, academic support) and an excellent academic experience.
- Monitor and influence student engagement, attainment, progression and retention, through Module Leaders, Faculty and other teams.
- Analyse academic achievement and progression for the programme, implementing appropriate actions where needed.
- Maximise revenue opportunities and the reputation of the programme by working with key internal stakeholders, e.g. admissions, international team, marketing and business development.
- Ensure that the design and delivery of the programmes are commercially viable in the context of the group.
- Engage with a range of marketing and business development activities and initiatives to support brand and programme awareness and engagement with BPP.
- Engage with senior management and central functions to promote the vision and strategic growth of the programme/programmes.
Please refer to the full job description
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.