Head of Academic Staffing
Closing date: Not specified
Employment type: Permanent
Department: School of Business & Technology - Faculty
The Head of Academic Staffing will have overall accountability for ensuring that the school recruits, develops and trains a multi-disciplinary faculty team which is able to design and deliver high quality education to our learners, and which is both compliant with and supportive of the wider university. The role will also require oversight of the training and development of all staff within the school, and will ensure that all policies (group HR, University) are implemented across all teams.
The post holder will have an understanding of resourcing requirements and constraints within the context of higher education, and also the significance of faculty, performance management and academic administration within an institution with taught degree awarding powers up to and including level 7. Additionally, the post holder will appreciate the lens of corporate clients and the general regulatory space, with a particular focus on apprenticeships.
- Design, implement and monitor appropriate policies and procedures to support and enable all staff to deliver effectively across a range of academic activities
- Oversee the recruitment, onboarding and development of new faculty members
- Develop and manage an appropriate strategy for CPD and scholarship for faculty
- Design, implement and manage an appropriate strategy for the development of academic administration staff
- Manage the school’s internal digital presence (intranet, communications)
- Line manage faculty managers who each have responsibility for a number of faculty members
- Review and act on all feedback with respect to faculty activity and implement appropriate systems to track progress including effective appraisals
- Represent the school as appropriate on internal projects (e.g. culture, digital transformation)
- Oversee the recruitment, training, development and quality assurance of associate faculty
- Responsible for the welfare and pastoral care of faculty through Faculty Managers
- Represent the school as appropriate on committees
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
Please refer to the full job description
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check.