Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Medical Imaging
- Bundoora West Location
- Part-time to full-time continuing opportunities available, Academic Level B/C
- $96, 564 - $118, 291 +17% Super
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
About the role and college/portfolio
The discipline of Medical Radiations within the School of Health and Biomedical Science contributes to teaching and research in the field of medical radiations broadly, and Medical Imaging, Radiation Therapy and Nuclear Medicine specifically. The undergraduate program enables graduates to be eligible for registration to practice as Medical Imaging Technologists, Radiation Therapists or Nuclear Medicine Technologists in Australia under AHPRA. The program is structured to integrate foundation sciences, clinical sciences, and clinical skills to produce capable graduates that can practice as healthcare professionals with skills relevant to their stream. As a member of this team you will excel in this very supportive and collegiate environment.
There is also a strong focus on Work Integrated Learning to ensure students are exposed to real-life clinical scenarios from the time they begin their studies within the discipline. Staff and students in the discipline have the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art equipment. The discipline promotes strong, interdisciplinary collaboration within the cluster of Applied Health and promotes strong links with industry partners.
- Ability to prepare and deliver programs at an undergraduate level, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials
- Capability to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with higher degree by research candidates, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Make original contributions in teaching and scholarship which expand the knowledge and/or practice within the discipline and School including: designing, conducting and moderating assessment; implementing improvements informed by course evaluation activities and student feedback.
- Registration or eligibility for registration with AHPRA as a Medical Imaging Technologist
- PhD or evidence of extensive industry experience
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this role. Candidates are requested to separately address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description. For any enquires please contact Mary-Ann Carmichael on +61 3 9925 7908.
Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Applications close on 20 October 2019.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.