Postdoctoral Research Assistant, School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
Department: School of Biological & Chemical Sciences
Salary: £34,220 - £40,194 per annum (Grade 4) (Grade 4)
Location: Mile End
Closing date: 26-Sep-2019
We are seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Assistant to work on the regulation of photosynthetic electron transport. This is a BBSRC funded post, available in the group of Dr Guy Hanke at Queen Mary University of London (QMUL).
The project addresses the question of how photosynthesis and stress tolerance in higher plants can be regulated by switching the localization of a single enzyme (ferredoxin:NADP+ reductase) to different protein complexes. The position will build on existing expertise in the lab (photosynthesis, classical plant physiology, genetics and redox protein biochemistry) to additionally develop:
- Novel techniques for measurements of photosynthesis
- New high resolution imaging approaches for chloroplasts
Applicants should have a PhD (or equivalent experience/qualification) in plant physiology, biochemistry or genetics or a related discipline. Experience of the following is desirable but not essential:
- Chlorophyll fluorescence techniques
- High resolution microscopy
- Working with Arabidopsis
- Protein and nucleic acid analysis
- Writing scientific papers and proposals
The post is fixed term for three years and full time. The start date is 1/01/2020 or as soon as possible thereafter. The salary is £31,316 - £38,084 per annum and is inclusive of London allowance. Benefits include 30 days annual leave and a pension scheme.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Informal enquiries for further information are welcomed and may be made to Dr Guy Hanke via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about the School of Biological and Chemical Sciences and the Hanke Lab please see http://www.sbcs.qmul.ac.uk
Application enquiries should be directed to: email@example.com
To apply, please visit the Human Resources website on: http://www.jobs.qmul.ac.uk and search for reference QMUL19945
The closing date for applications is 26 September 2019. Interviews will be held as soon as possible thereafter.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality
More searches like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Academic Posts jobs in London (Greater)
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Postdocs jobs in London (Greater)
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Related jobs in London (Greater)
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in London (Greater)