Secretary to the Dean of School of Medicine
The Secretary to the Dean mainly focuses on managing and facilitating the clerical activities of the Office of the Dean through providing a range of secretarial support to the Dean in the successful implementation of the vision and strategy of the University. This role would be suited to an experienced Secretary or someone with high level of administration experience.
VACANCIES AVAILABLE: One
SCHOOL: School of Medicine (SoM)
JOB FAMILY: Administration
TYPE OF CONTRACT: FTE 1.0
HOURS OF WORK: 40 Hours/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday)
PLACE OF WORK: University of Kurdistan Hewlêr – Academic Hospital
REPORTING TO: Dean of SoM
APPOINTMENT DURATION: 3 Years (subject to renewal depending on needs, performance and mutual agreement)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application is Open Until the Position is Filled
PROBATION PERIOD: 3 Months
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Secretary to the Dean will:
- Provide a high level of clerical and administrative assistance, support and coordination to the Dean.
- Manage discrete projects as required.
- Act as the central point of contact for the Office of the Dean to manage the communications of the office with staff members, students, the client group and all other external parties dealing with the Dean.
- Inform the Dean of coming internal and external related activities.
- Independently research confidential documents and/or data and information as required by the Dean for various projects.
- Type, manage, review and draft documents, reports, minutes, correspondence, diary management, etc. in line with the University procedures and formal practices.
- Update and maintain all necessary and relevant records of the Dean’s office.
- Arrange and schedule meetings, events, telephone enquiries, presentations, receiving correspondence, and any other activities relating to the Office of the Dean.
- Relate with Departments/Units/Centers within the University and external bodies as required.
- Prioritise and circulate points of action and information to a professional standard in order to ensure the mentioned activities are managed efficiently.
- Manage own time to ensure tasks are completed within given deadlines.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of University policies and procedures.
- Assist in translation of documents.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line-manager.
The Secretary to the Dean should have the following qualifications, skills and competencies:
- A University degree in Management, Administration or a relevant field.
- Good level of English language with excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to produce range of professional documents: briefings, minutes and reports.
- The ability to speak and write in Kurdish and Arabic will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 - 4 years of experience as a Secretary or a relevant advanced administrative work is essential.
- Proven computer literacy skills, competency in MS Windows and MS Office package in particular Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and team player skills.
- Experience of carrying out a wide range of administrative duties to support a multi-functional team.
- Experience of servicing senior committees/meetings, event coordination and resource management.
- Experience of working in the education sector will be an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and high planning skills and accurate clerical abilities.
- Ability to coordinate events and activities effectively.
- Ability to process documentation relevant to University functions and a keen eye for details.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to email@example.com by indicating the Vacancy Title: Secretary to the Dean of SoM and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.