Student and HR Portal Developer
2 days left
- Full Time
If you’re passionate about a high-energy environment and meaningful work, this job is for you! Our group is a fun, hardworking and encouraging team. You won’t be bored, you will find your work valued and the work you do, makes a difference.
The Stanford University Student and HR Systems team is responsible for the support, maintenance, operations and upgrades of the HR and Student applications. Collaborating with the Technical Manager of Campus Solutions and HR Systems group within Enterprise Technology (ET), Portal Developer will be applying a strong combination of technical skills. The developer will be responsible for executing all programming tasks, including programming, analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, modifying, and maintaining computer programs.
- Conceptualize design, implement, and develop solutions for complex system/programs independently.
- Work with a variety of users to gain information, and develop intra-system tradeoffs between different users, as necessary; interact with a diverse client base and outside vendor contacts.
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Provide technical analysis, design, development, conversion, and implementation work.
- Work as a project leader, as needed, for projects of moderate complexity.
- Serve as a technical resource for applications.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies, and integrate them into the computing environment.
- Follow team software development methodology.
- Mentor lower level software developers.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Information Technology and five years of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interaction design skills in wireframing and prototyping.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft application(s) and/or Liferay DXP is desirable.
- Experience with, and knowledge of: RESTful and SOAP Web Services, JSON, XML, and XSD highly desirable.
- Experience with Ant, Maven or similar build tools.
- Experience with the Eclipse IDE or a willingness to learn.
- Experience with database retrieval, updates using SQL.
- Background in designing and coding Responsive websites (RWD).
- Experience with web accessibility standards or a willingness to learn.
- Thorough understanding of version control, software configuration and release management practices.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Knowledge of application domain.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- * - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, https://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You:
- Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University’s mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
Relocation will not be provided for this position. Sponsorship is possible.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J