Research Officer/Fellow, Freshwater Ecosystems
2 days left
- Full Time
- Full time, 3 year fixed term role
- Multiple positions
- Positions based at the Albury/Wodgona campus
- $67,697 - $112,697 per annum plus 17% superannuation
About the role
The Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems (CFE) is one of 7 Research Centre’s within the School of Life Sciences. The Centre brings together a broad range of expertise to undertake both basic and applied research, with a strong emphasis on contributing to the sustainable management of freshwater ecosystems. To find out more about the Centre please visit our website here.
The Centre's research focuses on the generation and communication of freshwater ecological knowledge of floodplain ecosystems in the Murray-Darling Basin, in particular, providing advice and solutions to water managers to optimise their management decisions.
The Research Officer/ Research Fellow positions will be based at La Trobe University Albury/Wodonga campus with the potential to contribute towards the research effort of the institution and to develop their research expertise through the pursuit of defined projects relevant to either hydrology and/or ecology of river, wetland or floodplain ecosystems.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- An outstanding, and innovative research focus relating to the management of freshwater or floodplain ecosystems;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in partnering with collaborators and relevant stakeholders from the water management industry and in promoting research links with outside organisations/agencies.
- Strong record of publications and experience in the preparation of research proposal submissions to external funding bodies.
- Experience in the analysis and modelling of data, including the capacity to integrate data from a range of sources and of uneven quality.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11 pm Sunday 20th October 2019
Position Enquiries: Rachel Gorman,
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter, outling which level you are applying for;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 558768 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Albury
- Fixed Term Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Albury
- Fixed Term Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Related jobs in Albury
- Fixed Term Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Albury