University Job Title
Research Associate, Exercise Therapy
None - Not included in the union (Yale Union Group)
If Fixed Duration, Period
1 year from date of hire
If Fixed Duration, is continuation possible?
Other Fixed Duration Date
Clinical & Research
Compensation Grade Profile
Research Associate, Exercise Therapy (P4)
Medical School Campus
367 Cedar Street
New Haven, CT 06510
Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Searchable Job Family
Clinical, Research Res Support, Research/Support
Total # of hours to be worked:
The Exercise Physiologist will be responsible for implementing a mobile-based cardiac rehab intervention at the Yale site after participants are identified and enrolled at either of the 2 Yale-affiliated hospitals
PLEASE NOTE: This role is scheduled for 15 hours per week and is a non-benefit level position.
- Perform baseline (in-hospital) exercise therapy counseling visits with study participants.
- Prescribe personalized home exercise programs, including setting of activity targets based on participant’s needs and reviewing home exercise data of all research participants.
- Make periodic (weekly) phone calls with participants to review exercise data and to provide counseling on promoting physical activity, for the duration of the study intervention.
- Be available for periodic (as-needed) electronic communications with participants through the Moving Analytics mobile health (mHealth) software application.
- Responsible for monitoring all participants through the mHealth dashboard for 3 months and report any identified adverse events or symptoms to the PI and research team.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy or similar (e.g., Exercise Kinesiology) from an accredited program of study.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Ability to prescribe a personalized home exercise program, including setting of activity targets based on participant’s needs and reviewing home exercise data of all research participants.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to learn and administer mobile health software to research participants. Working knowledge of wearable activity monitoring devices (e.g. FitBit), portable electronic tablets, and mobile health technology features, including chat messaging and data management through the web-based dashboard.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Ability to work independently and with confidential matters while interacting with patients and health care providers.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact comfortably with research and clinical staff.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Master’s degree in Physical Therapy or similar field, and more than 1 year experience in practicing physical therapy or rehabilitation.
Required Licenses or Certifications
Physical Therapist Temp Permit- Connecticut State, Physical Therapist License – Connecticut State.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Research Related jobs in Connecticut
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Professional Services jobs in Connecticut
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Research Associate jobs in Connecticut
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Health & Medical jobs in Connecticut