Adjunct Faculty, College of Arts and Creative Enterprise
The College of Arts and Creative Enterprises seeks qualified candidates to teach part-time in various disciplines of Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Animation, Interior Design and Art History with adjunct appointments in Abu Dhabi and Dubai beginning January 2019. All candidates with expertise in the above fields are encouraged to apply, however the following specializations/courses are particularly needed:
- Principles of Design/Basic Design
- Graphic Design I (proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Visual Arts Foundations: Drawing, Painting
- 3-D Modeling
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Basics of Interior Design
- Introduction to Art History
- Arts of the Modern World
Candidates with expertise in Fashion Design and Product Design are also invited to submit an application.
- Applicants must have earned a Doctorate or Master of Fine Arts degree (or equivalent), preferably in the field of specialization in which they are applying.
- The successful applicant will be expected to offer high-quality teaching and must demonstrate strong experience in the development and exploration of highly creative concepts.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate versatility, forward thinking, and advanced working knowledge of the leading technology appropriate to the discipline, and will be well apprised of contemporary art and design discourse in relation to its practice and pedagogy.
Applicants must have a valid UAE residence visa, sponsored by their Spouse and will be required to provide a No Objection Letter.
In addition to completing the online application form at http://www.zu.ac.ae/main/en/_careers/index.aspx, attach a cover letter, a current CV, a statement of undergraduate teaching philosophy and a statement of scholarly and creative interests, and the names and contact details of three professional references and send it to email@example.com via email. If applying for a studio art position, a portfolio of your professional/ and student work should be provided as a PDF or there should be a reliable website set up to view the work. If applying for an art history position, please provide a professional writing sample.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.