Administrative Assistant, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
1 day left
- Full Time
The College of Humanities and social sciences seeks an incumbent for the position of Administrative Assistant to ensure that the Dean’s Office operates effectively, efficiently, and professionally. He or she will manage the Dean's agenda, schedule internal and external appointments and meetings. Provides general administrative support for thE College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Acts as a Point of contact in college for faculty, staff and students of ZU and a variety of other internal and external clients. Receives incoming visitors and phone calls and responds to requests.
- Prepares correspondence,presentations,reports,agendas, background materials and minutes.Maintains files and manages information. Assists in the preparation of teaching and promotional materials.
- Provides technical and design support in relation to campus and off campus initiatives.
- Performs administrative duties for the supervisor or faculty designated by the supervisor. Maintains student and faculty records, inventories of supplies and equipment and organizes maintenance of equipment.
- Assists with respect to maintaining physical facilities and equipment of college
- Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments, notifying attendees of location and time. Coordinates room bookings, equipment and catering.
- Maintains an updated College’s Web Page,SharePoint data to ensure accuracy of information.
- Manages Dean’s daily schedule.
- Contributes to special projects when required.
- Must posses a Diploma from an accredited institution of higher education with a minimum of 0 -1 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Ability to communicate in English and Arabic; knowledge of national culture and traditions is highly desired.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute or better, with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and other software.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive,with competitive salaries, cash housing, a furniture allowance,annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family,educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.