Assistant/Associate Professor/Full Professor of Graphic Design
CACE seeks a qualified candidate to fill a full-time, multi-year, faculty position in the area of Graphic Design to teach in the baccalaureate programs on the Abu Dhabi and Dubai campus starting August 2019.
- Candidates must have earned a terminal degree in Graphic Design, or a related field, and demonstrate a strong record of professional or creative activity and accomplishments, especially in screen-based distribution, and/or active research in the field of communication design. Professional experience of a thorough knowledge of the latest digital media technologies, including Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud. The successful applicant will have a record of teaching and will be expected to teach both introductory and advanced level courses, and include courses that will introduce students to Web Design. Experience with graduate programs and administrative experience would be an asset.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate versatility, forward thinking, and advanced working software knowledge appropriate to Graphic Design or Interactive Design. The candidate’s approach and experience in engaging students in new media tools and digital skills should be evident within their teaching portfolio – statement of teaching philosophy, syllabi and samples of student work. Ability to contribute to key research priorities in visual communication will be considered an asset.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
- A proven record of excellence at baccalaureate-level teaching.
- Dedication to curricular innovation.
- Commitment to a sustained pace of scholarship and/or creative activities, and an interest in collaboration.
- A record of professional accomplishment appropriate to their rank.
- Substantial level of computer literacy and a good proficiency of usage of IT in education.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and the College.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
Please visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on ‘Employment’ to be directed to the recruitment website.
In addition to completing the online application form, please include the following:
- Cover letter,
- Current Curricular Vitae
- Statement of undergraduate teaching philosophy
- Statement of scholarly and creative interests
- Sample syllabi
- Copies of the terminal degree and transcripts
- The names and contact details of three professional references
- Online portfolio (10-15 samples) of professional/research work and (10-15 samples) of student outcomes should be provided by hyperlink.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.
More searches like this
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates