We are seeking an enthusiastic, high calibre individual to join the professional services team in the School of Cardiovascular Medicine and Sciences. As a key member of the School’s core professional services team, the postholder will provide high quality general operation support to the Vascular Risk and Surgery Section and wider professional services team within the School. The post holder will work closely with the Senior Operations Officers and the School Manager, to ensure the School’s processes are followed through and the School’s initiatives are being supported and promoted appropriately. The successful candidate will be based in the Academic Vascular Surgery research group led by Prof. Alberto Smith, which is located at the St. Thomas’ campus, within the Vascular Risk and Surgery Section.
The main purpose of this role will be:
- To provide efficient operational support to staff and students in the Vascular Risk and Surgery Section, while working closely with the School’s core team.
- Provide local support to academic activities as required by the Head of the research group, Prof. Alberto Smith, such as diary management, meeting coordination, reception support, assisting visitors, managing room bookings – including organising audio-visual equipment, catering and confirmation of arrangements to participants and security.
- Working with the School’s Senior Operations Officer (Research) to provide research support for Vascular Risk and Surgery Section staff, including costing grants, supporting post-award processes, on-going management and reporting for grants held by staff in the Vascular Risk and Surgery Section.
- Support the Section with day-to-day financial matters, such as purchase orders, expenses, invoices and providing budget reports as requested by colleagues.
- Provide local support for the recruitment of staff working closely with the School’s Senior Operations Officer (HR & Finance), who is the School’s main point of contact with King’s HR Services.
- To provide advice and guidance and, where appropriate, training on university policies, processes and where required, source information and support for colleagues to facilitate their work
- To prepare and support meetings, boards, and committees, including the coordination and distribution of papers and taking notes or minutes, as required.
- To forge relationships with colleagues in the School, Faculty and university, in order to contribute to process development and adoption of best practice.
The School brings together a highly successful, multidisciplinary workforce of scientists and clinicians, and encompasses the British Heart Foundation (BHF) Centre of Research Excellence. Alongside a significant portfolio of cardiovascular research, the School makes a major contribution to undergraduate and postgraduate education, including an active PhD programme. Its continued success relies heavily on the excellence of the professional support staff and their engagement with academic and research colleagues.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post – 100 % full time equivalent.
The selection process will include a panel interview and an assessment.