Learning Systems Administrator
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio
Department/School: Student and Scholarly Services
Salary: $83,301 - $90,170 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 9.5% super
About Student and Scholarly Services
Student and Scholarly Services provides student administration and services from recruitment and point of enquiry to graduation. This team also delivers wellbeing and scholarly services to students and staff.
Learning Environments supports all Campuses, Faculties, Schools, Departments and affiliated Institutes of the University in their learning and teaching and the provision of the University’s Central Educational Technology Portfolio. The Academic and Learning Systems Support team is part of Learning Environments and is responsible for the administration, support and development of the University’s central educational technology portfolio and related services.
About the role
The Learning Systems Administrator (Blackboard LMS) will have strong technical ability and experience with the Blackboard LMS platform, leveraging on their expertise to provide advice and support for the core LMS at the University of Melbourne. The role receives direction from the Manager, Academic Learning Systems Support (ALSS) and senior members of Learning Environments. You will be expected to work with staff and students across the University and externally, leveraging their specialist expertise to support the development of content and undertake LMS support activities such as system support, advice, troubleshooting and resolution of LMS queries from staff.
You will have:
- Undergraduate qualifications, postgraduate qualifications, or relevant qualifications, with previous experience in application system administration within a complex organisational environment or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training;
- Demonstrated ability to support and provide consultation for educational technologies;
- Ability to develop and implement practical and sustainable solutions in a high-pressure support environment, particularly in response to user support requests;
- Demonstrated experience in providing training and support with a customer focused approach;
- Knowledge of the meaningful utilisation of system information and analytics in order to maximise the potential of academic use of learning technologies, particularly the LMS, and to contribute to quality improvement processes;
- Experience working in a university context, with sound knowledge of the operational and strategic implementation of university academic policies and procedures (desirable);
- Knowledge and experience of workplaces tools such as Jira, Trello, Slack, and other collaborative apps. (desirable).
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Applications close: 01 Oct 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time