Senior Events and Engagement Officer
Summary: Passionate about event and stakeholder management in a team that really makes a difference? This role is for you! Join a collaborative and high achieving environment.
- Full time, Fixed term – 12 months
- HEO6 $77,999 $84,155 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
- La Trobe Bundoora Campus
About the role
The Alumni and Advancement Office is responsible for philanthropic fundraising and engagement with La Trobe University’s alumni community (210,000 as at August 2019). The Alumni and Advancement Office is an outwardly facing unit of the University and engagement with stakeholders is a major element of most activities undertaken. This role provides support for activities and communication strategies pertaining to the development of alumni relations within the University and provides a vital link for the fundraising activities within the Alumni and Advancement Office.
The position holder reports to the Associate Director, Alumni Relations and will work closely with all members of the Alumni and Advancement Office. The position is responsible for the following:
- The planning, coordination, delivery and post evaluation of alumni events including but not limited; supporting University public branding events, student recruitment initiatives, interstate alumni engagement and alumni reunions.
- Marketing and management of the Alumni Benefits Program to alumni cohorts.
- Provide communication support, to the Alumni Relations team, producing highly polished communications including crafting and proofing content and coordinating a monthly events newsletter.
- Provide refined administrative support and project management in aims of fostering VIP alumni engagement.
Skills & Experience
To be successful you will have:
- An undergraduate degree in any area relevant to the position (e.g. event management, business, marketing, communications) with at least 4 years subsequent experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- High level of interpersonal skills and with the ability to establish relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- event coordination experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated understanding of writing for the web.
- Demonstrated organisation and problem-solving skills, with an ability to manage several different projects concurrently.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 25th September 2019
Position Enquiries: Kali Micallef – Associate Director Alumni Relations – email@example.com
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Advisor Dana Vidovic on +61 (03) 9479 5191
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.